Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

24 hr cancel on app with 48 hr rule hotel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

24 hr cancel on app with 48 hr rule hotel

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2019, 12:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There are still a few legacy Starwoods that have (at least some) rates with a 6 pm cancellation deadline on the day of arrival.
Old May 17, 2019, 2:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by margarita girl
That's great! I'm legacy SPG so have never done this before, but I'm a voracious reader of FT and remember this being mentioned. Happy it worked for you!
Im not sure if legacy SPG has much to do with it, I believe Marriott only started extending the cancellation policies within the past few years.
Old May 17, 2019, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by GoPhils

Im not sure if legacy SPG has much to do with it, I believe Marriott only started extending the cancellation policies within the past few years.
AFAIK, SPG did not have this glitch (and Im sure it wasnt intentional) so I agree that they had nothing to do with it.
Old May 17, 2019, 4:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by margarita girl

AFAIK, SPG did not have this glitch (and Im sure it wasnt intentional) so I agree that they had nothing to do with it.
Ah I thought you were saying SPG didnt have 24+ hour cancel policies.

I wouldnt really call this a glitch to be able to do it in the first place. Youre modifying the reservation, then cancelling it. Unless other programs were able to charge you the cancel fee after the fact, I dont know.
Old May 17, 2019, 5:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by GoPhils

Ah I thought you were saying SPG didnt have 24+ hour cancel policies.

I wouldnt really call this a glitch to be able to do it in the first place. Youre modifying the reservation, then cancelling it.
Agree.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.