Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Springhill Suites Oakland Airport - CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2019, 7:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Opening July '19. Cat 4. Hotel website:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...kland-airport/

"Welcome to the New Full-Service, All-Suite San Francisco Bay Area Hotel, which packs plenty of amenities into an exceptional stay, including complimentary hot breakfast buffet, Wi-Fi, shuttle to/from Oakland International Airport (OAK), and to/from the Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) Coliseum Station. The hotel offers easy access to Abbott, Alameda Health System, AT&T Warner Media, Clorox, FedEx, Frito-Lay, General Dynamics, Kaiser Permanente, Pandora, Parsons, VF Corporation, UPS, Wells Fargo and more"
Old May 16, 2019, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Opening July '19. Cat 4. Hotel website:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...kland-airport/

"Welcome to the New Full-Service, All-Suite San Francisco Bay Area Hotel, which packs plenty of amenities into an exceptional stay, including complimentary hot breakfast buffet, Wi-Fi, shuttle to/from Oakland International Airport (OAK), and to/from the Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) Coliseum Station. The hotel offers easy access to Abbott, Alameda Health System, AT&T Warner Media, Clorox, FedEx, Frito-Lay, General Dynamics, Kaiser Permanente, Pandora, Parsons, VF Corporation, UPS, Wells Fargo and more"
SHS is now full service? Does the copy writer even know what full service means?

David
Old May 16, 2019, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Shrug - I can't get too excited about copy writing not being 100% accurate or employing a bit of hyperbole. I think most will understand there's a difference between a JW & a SHS & are not going to confuse the two.

Cheers.
Old May 16, 2019, 8:57 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
This looks like it could be the best option at OAK. New build, convenient location, away from the freeway, shuttle to airport and BART.
Old May 17, 2019, 3:21 am
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
I've seen the construction of the property as it's visible from the OAK-Coliseum Air BART train. It'll be nice to have an option besides (what looks like an older version) Courtyard near the airport.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 6:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by ryw
... It'll be nice to have an option besides (what looks like an older version) Courtyard near the airport.
Yeah, and the current Hilton options aren't great there either.

I generally like Springhill Suites so I'm going to make a reservation here for early November for overnight between flights and hope that they are up and running smoothly by then. The website says they open in August but when I called to try and get some info the recorded message said they will open in September.

I do want to confirm info about airport shuttle hours (website says shuttle is on demand but not the hours) so I'll try calling again in September. If things aren't firming up by then I'll move over to the Courtyard or maybe the Hampton Inn.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 7:21 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
We have/had a reservation for next Thursday night booked using a cat. 4 credit card certificate. Just got the e-mail below. I get that delays happen, but this is pretty late in the game. Not a particularly proactive approach either (though I appreciate them talking up the recently renovated Holiday Inn). Also, my wife's free night cert didn't get returned so I scrambled to use one of mine at the Courtyard while she contacts Marriott in an attempt to get un-Bonvoyed...

It is with deepest regret that we must announce the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Oakland Airport opening will be delayed. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences. Points will be returned after receiving a cancellation confirmation from reservations following this email.

Link to rewards redemption: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/redeem.mi

Please see below for alternative Marriott locations close in proximity.

Alternative Options:
Courtyard Oakland Airport
https://www.marriott.com/oakap

Courtyard Oakland Downtown
https://www.marriott.com/oakcd

Oakland Marriott City Center
https://www.marriott.com/oakdt

The full-service Holiday Inn and Suites directly across from our location often offers reasonable rates. They have recently renewed their restaurant, lobby, pool, and fitness center.
Holiday Inn & Suites - Oakland Airport
77 Hegenberger Road, Oakland CA 94621
www.hioaklandairport.com
Old Aug 20, 2019, 8:21 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
That's exceptionally weak. They should be rebooking you at no extra cost.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
That's exceptionally weak...
Agreed. Especially since I posted here on July 24 about the hotel's recorded message saying they would be opening in September. They knew it then but didn't notify Sam until now.

Guess I'll make my backup reservation at the Courtyard if the rate is decent.

Last edited by Westcoaster; Aug 21, 2019 at 6:05 pm Reason: Repeated myself
Old Sep 13, 2019, 10:52 am

When I called the hotel they said they are now open, their airport shuttle is available 24/7 and to call from the airport after getting my bags. My stay is over a month away so hopefully they'll have time to work out some of the new hotel issues that may come up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.