Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Moxy Frankfurt Airport Kelsterbach - Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2019, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze

A second Moxy Frankfurt Airport has now opened - the Moxy Frankfurt Kelsterbach. I've just checked in for a one night stay.

The room I am in is not actually finished - there are bare concrete walls and a concrete ceiling exposed (see photo below). The room fan also doesn't work.

The rooms are much larger than the other Moxy and the property is bigger. There is also less noise from aircraft taking off and landing.

So, I would recommend this over the other location (when they've finished building it).

Can't say I'm overly impressed by what's happened here, but it's one night for business so hey ho.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 6:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by MrM2016
A second Moxy Frankfurt Airport has now opened - the Moxy Frankfurt Kelsterbach. I've just checked in for a one night stay.

The room I am in is not actually finished - there are bare concrete walls and a concrete ceiling exposed (see photo below). .
I'm going to say that the walls and ceilings are actually finished! It's a typical industrial loft look that makes sense for a bare bones brand and if you look at the lobby pics there are also unfinished ceilings. (this is also often the case in aloft hotels which kind of follow the same design concept) Another thought.....did your room happen to be on the top floor? If so, rooms on the top floor often have ceilings left exposed while on the lower floors they are not.

Was there a shuttle to the airport provided?

Maybe it would be a good idea for the Mods to separate the review into a new thread specifically for the new Kelsterbach property.

Last edited by christianj; Apr 10, 2019 at 6:44 am
Old Apr 10, 2019, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by christianj
I'm going to say that the walls and ceilings are actually finished! It's a typical industrial loft look that makes sense for a bare bones brand and if you look at the lobby pics there are also unfinished ceilings. (this is also often the case in aloft hotels which kind of follow the same design concept) Another thought.....did your room happen to be on the top floor? If so, rooms on the top floor often have ceilings left exposed while on the lower floors they are not.

Was there a shuttle to the airport provided?
You could well be right, but it doesn't reflect the other Frankfurt Airport Moxy nor the one in Darmstadt. I was not on the top floor.

There is a hotel shuttle, running approximately every 30 minutes each way to the airport for most of the day. Reduced service at start of service (5am is the start time) and end of service (around midnight). Free to travel to the hotel, €3 for travel to the airport.

I should add that my check out experience was dreadful. Initially they tried to check out a different guest by mistake. Then the agent was struggling to enter my business address - I had to help him on his screen map the address to the right fields. This wasn't my first time at a Moxy dealing with this, he actually inquired if I work for Marriott given my familiarity with their UI(!).

After all that, the printer failed and it took 3 attempts to get a folio from the back office. Now hours later I realise the folio doesn't have the hotel name on it, rendering it useless for a points claim later. At least I could see on the screen that the checkout was done and my credit card was only charged once.
Old May 16, 2019, 5:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Category 3. Hotel website:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...t-kelsterbach/

"Located next to Frankfurt International Airport destines the Moxy Frankfurt Airport Kelsterbach for the ideal place for both people on the move and those looking to explore the beautiful Rhein-Main area. Just a short train ride connects our hotel with Frankfurt City and Frankfurt Fair.

Moxy Frankfurt Airport Kelsterbach is located very close to Frankfurt Airport and can be reached with the frequent Airport Shuttle Service. The IBM Frankfurt office is located adjacent to the hotel. Frankfurt City and Messe can be reached in 15 minutes."

We've had trip reports by MrM2016 re: this property in the other Moxy Frankfurt Airport thread, so am going to PM the mods to switch those posts to this thread, to avoid 2 separate properties being discussed in a single thread which would make it confusing.

Cheers.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 1:11 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Moxy Airport Kelsterbach Review

Moxy Frankfurt Airport Kelsterbach

1 Review | 100% Recommended

Am Weiher 1 Kelsterbach, DE 65451

Moxy Airport Kelsterbach Review (13 Photos)

Check In

When I arrived for my one.night stay there were several employees standing at the check in chatting away.. After about 30 seconds they recognized me and apologized for not noticing my entrance.

The rest of the check in was fine. My rate included breakfast so I took the points as the platinum amenity.

I had booked the basic room and was given a room on the top floor. I am not sure if was considered an upgrade. However at most Moxys the upgrade possibilities are very limited, so I did not expect anything.

I had requested a mobile key, but did not receive one.

Room

The room was standard issue Moxy. I am starting to get more used to the brashness of the friend and no longer roll my eyes about statements in the room such as "You are smoking! But please not in the room."

610AB97E-661F-40C2-B78E-3F47F51628AB.jpegBB35CB1D-7002-4165-A852-10D532CEEB26.jpeg

There were ample outlets around the room including some USB-A ports. The bed was fine. I did have the feeling that the airconditioning was turned off. I was too-tired to tinker with the controls, so it may have been user error. I would have liked the room to have been a bit cooler.384F9C96-9046-4554-989C-6D3D7C280519.jpeg

I liked the multi-use toiletries. The shower has the same design flaw like all Moxys seem to have. Unless you use towels to create a damn for the shower, you will inevitably floord the bathroom floor. Either that, or I need to go back to basic showering school. :)F44D18BD-D333-43BB-823B-C3C65FF3202F.jpeg

One thing that I did miss in the middle of the night was a glass or cup of any sort to have a glass of water from the tap. I ended having to bend over and do it camping style with cupped hands. Overall there were plenty of towels even to sop up the floorded floor after showering.

The hotel is located next to some large company builfdings, including the spin off IBM infrastructure company. Kyndryl and Fuji.

From the airport there are two public transportation options - the normal bus line 82 or the hotel shuttle. The former runs about once per hour and drops you off across the street from the hotel. It is probably slightly cheaper than the shuttle bus. 

The shuttle bus has an irregular schedule and costs 4 EUR. It drops you off slightly closer to the entrance of the hotel, in the street on the side of the hotel.

C380FA56-3DD1-4AD7-AE9E-EDD1B689AE98.jpeg

I believe a taxi from the airport would cost 12-14 EUR during the day.

Parking costs 3 EUR per hour or 15 EUR per night. There is some free street parking located near the hotel.

Within the town of Kelsterbach there are restaurants, chemists and limited other stores. There is also a regional train station that will connect you to central Frankfurt. These are all within 10-15 minutes of walking.

6141F74F-473B-421D-B2AB-1968D0E05A05.jpeg

Amenities

The hotel has the typical Moxy amernities. Lots of communal seating and workspace.

CE70F4F0-6D6D-485E-AFBE-310CB3DC66B3.jpeg979E26AE-F900-40E8-86C7-8530F5D44A35.jpeg4705E364-95C2-4CFE-9688-ED82C78AFB62.jpeg

There are also two meeting rooms that are available for rent. I believe 100 EUR for 4 hours and 200 EUR for the full day.

They have the typical table football game, which seems to be in every Moxy. There are also other board games like a modified version of the Jenga tower building game. I was with a friend so we ended up enjoying playing both.

03397C0D-E1EF-4ADA-8852-1E38FF97E190.jpeg

There is also a very small gym located on the ground floor.

C1EA4E53-6375-4750-AFBB-4F748BC13830.jpeg

On the 5th floor there was an ironing room. I assume that each floor has one of these, but did not check. I have always thought that this brand should also offer self-service laundry.

63B6318E-A9D4-4553-AC4A-C951F8EC2D69.jpeg

Dining

I normally avoid Moxy breakfasts. Since it was included, I decided to try this one out. It is okay for a continental-plus style quick self-service breakfast. I believe it was priced at 15 EUR if you book it separately.

109E06A6-7CDE-4633-A3F2-A15D35C4F35E.jpeg

Moxy Airport Kelsterbach Review

Would you like to write a review on the Moxy Frankfurt Airport Kelsterbach?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.