Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hello Weekends: Introducing Marriott Bonvoy Escapes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hello Weekends: Introducing Marriott Bonvoy Escapes

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2019, 6:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Nothing in Asia of course. All the promotions on the app are tailored to the USA. At least SPG has Asia-specific ones and would filter what you see according to your account’s sign up country. Marriott is US this and US that.
Old May 9, 2019, 7:26 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by yorkboy24
Nothing in Asia of course. All the promotions on the app are tailored to the USA. At least SPG has Asia-specific ones and would filter what you see according to your account’s sign up country. Marriott is US this and US that.
There is availability (but not the cheapest rate) in Bangkok next weeked.

And a couple of other hotels as well.
Old May 9, 2019, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
I believe the 20% is off the standard published rate not the prepaid rate. The prepaid rate is already discounted in itself. So you either choose the prepaid rate or the special offer (or use another discount code), whichever comes cheaper.
Hi, I get how you got to 20% off the Standard Rate but they aren't the same product. If you look at the earlier screen print above the new saver rate is non refundable. Standard rates are refundable.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old May 9, 2019, 7:42 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
No. When you have a ‘Sale’ at ‘Selected destinations’, you list or map them.

Expecting your customers to hunt them out using a single-keyword search function is absurd.

FWIW, most everyone used of the old SPG ‘Hot Escapes’ function by browsing the list/map of properties on sale, not searching for them.
Yeah, I can see having a special link with a list of locations. That would be easy enough to do...with a click through on a single hotel to take you to the booking page. It would seem harder to have an actual search function that just pulls sale rates on different destinations with booking availability. The website today is set up to search and display hotels by location, not by any other factor.
Old May 9, 2019, 8:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I noticed that when you start typing a location, a black box pops up with several choices that aren't necessarily related to what you've typed so far. Maybe a way to search locations would be to enter some random three letter combinations and see what choices you're offered, then click on any that look interesting to you. Stop when you find something acceptable. Totally inefficient and even irrational, but this seems to be how Starriott expects us to explore the possibilities.
Old May 9, 2019, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I noticed that when you start typing a location, a black box pops up with several choices that aren't necessarily related to what you've typed so far. Maybe a way to search locations would be to enter some random three letter combinations and see what choices you're offered, then click on any that look interesting to you. Stop when you find something acceptable. Totally inefficient and even irrational, but this seems to be how Starriott expects us to explore the possibilities.
Have to agree. Searching for properties is too labor intensive to make it worth while. Disappointing given the offer's only just started......
Old May 9, 2019, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by Lizie
Hi, I get how you got to 20% off the Standard Rate but they aren't the same product. If you look at the earlier screen print above the new saver rate is non refundable. Standard rates are refundable.
That's just how Marriott codes work. The discount is applied off the regular rate and new details are added, in this case, a non refundable clause.
Old May 22, 2019, 8:07 am

The bonvoy escapes page is up - but unlike last time, I failed to find anything outside the US.

Aynbody with more success? And indeed, a list would be nice to have.
Old May 22, 2019, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by FLYGVA
The bonvoy escapes page is up - but unlike last time, I failed to find anything outside the US.

Aynbody with more success? And indeed, a list would be nice to have.
Okay, to answer my own question. I found now availability in Munich and Duesseldorf
Old Mar 18, 2023, 8:21 pm

Courtyard Downtown Lansing is offering an Escapes Rate 2 weeks from now. This is the first time I’ve seen one.

Nothing screams “Vacation Destination!” Like Lansing, MI at the end of March.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 9:33 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
Courtyard Downtown Lansing is offering an Escapes Rate 2 weeks from now. This is the first time I’ve seen one. Nothing screams “Vacation Destination!” Like Lansing, MI at the end of March.
It is a shiny new CY after all that is gentrifying DT LAN, not the tired old CY near Eastwood. Walk to the famous Art's Bar on Kalamazoo St. where legislators used to cut deals.

You're right, it's Lansing. 🥱

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.