Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

“Tips Appreciated “ jar at the Fairfield Inn breakfast

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Tips Appreciated “ jar at the Fairfield Inn breakfast

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2019, 4:26 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Originally Posted by Dav77
I fully agree to leave tips, if it spurs employees to go an "extra mile" on their service. This is a gesture of gratitude that goes beyond any discussion on more or less fortunate social classes.

having said that, especially when I am on vacation in Asia, where the daily rate of my room corresponds to more than the monthly salary of an employee, I consider leaving a tip as a social duty to which I do not want and cannot exempt myself, because the difference between me and the employees is due only to random luck...
So, to hell with cultural norms. It's your duty to spread your filthy tipping habits to parts of the world that might be insulted by your generous offerings. Geez....pack some knowledge of the local area to which you travel. And if I saw a tip jar at a FI, I'd put garbage in it.
Old May 4, 2019, 4:39 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hedoman
So, to hell with cultural norms. It's your duty to spread your filthy tipping habits to parts of the world that might be insulted by your generous offerings. Geez....pack some knowledge of the local area to which you travel. And if I saw a tip jar at a FI, I'd put garbage in it.
Goodness, you sound fun
JayeJ and Dav77 like this.
Old May 4, 2019, 4:49 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Seems this thread has the same downward trajectory that many other “tipping” threads adopt, so we’ll say this is one has run its course too and apply the lock.

/mod
hedoman, Nazdoom and bitterproffit like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.