Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$15000/mo for hotel room

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I checked out of curiosity and saw some rates in the $800 range near Minneapolis for the Final Four period earlier this month.
Yeah, special events aside though, you'd have a difficult time finding $500 most of the time. And the $500 for the Final Four wasn't for the whole month. I'm sure there are exceptions where they consistently run ~$500 but I haven't personally seen one yet.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 7:46 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by CPRich
missed the "per month", it's late. But thanks for POINTING THAT OUT so kindly.

Still, what property is $66/night, all in?
Go back to the original post. It was 10 years ago.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 8:16 am

Programs: Marriott AmBE ; AA EXP; Amtrak Select Executive; Hertz PC
i do continuous 30 day stays at the Ren in dallas. Our rate is 3K a month total. Taxes are waived if your stay is 30 days or more. Many states waive taxes if you stay 30 days or more so check on that for more savings.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 9:19 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Yes, but when you hit 30 days I've heard of that voiding the reserve for points/stay credit.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 9:29 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
Yes, but when you hit 30 days I've heard of that voiding the reserve for points/stay credit.
Not sure what you mean by "voiding the reserve"? Marriott has no max number of days for a stay where you no longer get points/night credit which is different than legacy Starwood where someone staying more than 90 days (I think that was the number) they no longer received any points/night/stay credits.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by hhoope01
Not sure what you mean by "voiding the reserve"? Marriott has no max number of days for a stay where you no longer get points/night credit which is different than legacy Starwood where someone staying more than 90 days (I think that was the number) they no longer received any points/night/stay credits.
You've got to go back years even to find Starwood's 90-limit on points-earning stays. It was eliminated before 12/2014.

https://web.archive.org/web/20141130...g_terms.html#2
Old Apr 19, 2019, 9:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
You've got to go back years even to find Starwood's 90-limit on points-earning stays. It was eliminated before 12/2014.

https://web.archive.org/web/20141130...g_terms.html#2
IIRC the 90 day limit was in force until sometime during the merger. Earlier it was 30 days, but then the limit changed to 90 days, I would guess around 2007.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 9:59 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Thanks for the correction. For some reason I was thinking that Starwood earlier had limited points/night/stay credits for 30 day or less stays and then a decade or so ago relaxed that to 90 days. But I admit I didn't keep that close a track on it as I didn't have any really long-term stays at Starwood properties.

[Added to add] Looks like MSPeconomist added the specifics that matches more what I had thought were the rules.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: MARRIOTT TITANIUM / HILTON GOLD / UA SILVER / AMEX PLAT
Someone should call the paramedics. It seems the GM has had a stroke and now believes he is managing a Rtiz Carlton Property.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by OUTraveling
Someone should call the paramedics. It seems the GM has had a stroke and now believes he is managing a Rtiz Carlton Property.
there should be more information about this story. maybe it's a package deal, for extra large size, penthouse like room, all-inclusive, daily massages, free-flowing liquor, etc etc.
I stayed at RC ATL for 3 weeks straight (most expensive, non-suite room) couple of years back, and my folio was less than half of the GM requested.

Last edited by fivenue; Apr 19, 2019 at 11:12 am
Old Apr 19, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by fivenue
there should be more information about this story. maybe it's a package deal, for extra large size, penthouse like room, all-inclusive, daily massages, free-flowing liquor, etc etc.
I stayed at RC ATL for 3 weeks straight (most expensive, non-suite room) couple of years back, and my folio was less than half of the GM requested.
Exactly. Like location and dates for starters - critical, as the price of a room in San Francisco is different than the price of a room in Orlando.
ethernal likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 12:34 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
$15,000 for a month is $500 per day. What RI is this that thinks they can get $500 per night for an entire month?
Silicon Valley??
Old Apr 22, 2019, 4:50 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by CPRich
missed the "per month", it's late. But thanks for POINTING THAT OUT so kindly.

Still, what property is $66/night, all in?
It was TEN YEARS AGO

Did I do that right?
Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by OUTraveling
No, he just thought he was working for the St. Regis Aspen.
wrp96 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.