$15000/mo for hotel room

Old Apr 18, 19, 12:34 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 2
$15000/mo for hotel room

I am trying to book a hotel room at residence inn, and the Assistant General Manager wanted 15k per month for a room...what these guys smoking? She was trying to back her claim by corporate and businesses do that with us when book 10 or more rooms. I told her I am just looking for a room for myself.

[Text removed as off topic and against FT Rule 16]

Last edited by hhoope01; Apr 18, 19 at 3:45 pm Reason: Removed off-topic and potentially offensive comments.
Sfoguy415 is offline  
Old Apr 18, 19, 12:37 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago
Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA Platinum; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG)
Posts: 1,019
Originally Posted by Sfoguy415 View Post
I am trying to book a hotel room at residence inn, and the Assistant General Manager wanted 15k per month for a room...what these guys smoking? She was trying to back her claim by corporate and businesses do that with us when book 10 or more rooms. I told her I am just looking for a room for myself.
Welcome to FT. Why not just try to book it online?
nancypants likes this.

Last edited by hhoope01; Apr 18, 19 at 3:46 pm Reason: Removed quoting and comments as OP text was removed.
CLEguy is offline  
Old Apr 18, 19, 12:42 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Amex Plat, National Elite
Posts: 115
Residence inn was low on my list because
- half the points (5x) deal.
- other similar properties sharing the lot with the residence in for double the points (10x)
- similar or higher price
uscgto is offline  
Old Apr 18, 19, 12:50 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 2
At tops for monthly wait I would pay $2000/mo. Online you get the same deal, that these guys trying to bend you over to have it their way. These ain't no fancy hotel either.
Sfoguy415 is offline  
Old Apr 18, 19, 1:08 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: PDX
Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
Posts: 254
Ten years ago

i had 2k per month for 3 months in universal city, ca

OTPorBust is offline  
Old Apr 18, 19, 1:12 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Amex Plat, National Elite
Posts: 115
$2000/month is ridiculously cheap .. and almost not possible. what property
uscgto is offline  
Old Apr 18, 19, 1:14 pm
  #7  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 91,890
What's the location?
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old Apr 18, 19, 1:14 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Now in SLC
Programs: DL DM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Posts: 3,157
$15,000 for a month is $500 per day. What RI is this that thinks they can get $500 per night for an entire month?
LoganFlyer is offline  
Old Apr 18, 19, 1:35 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Amex Plat, National Elite
Posts: 115
The lowest I have see on Residence inn is $110 a night and that'll mean $3300 plus taxes and fees. almost $4000. you'll make only 50% of points on that
uscgto is offline  
Old Apr 18, 19, 1:38 pm
  #10  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 91,890
Originally Posted by uscgto View Post
The lowest I have see on Residence inn is $110 a night and that'll mean $3300 plus taxes and fees. almost $4000. you'll make only 50% of points on that
Could the OP be considering a two bedroom two bath "suite"/apartment?

Rates are highly location dependent, and can also be very expensive during major special events.
Magic Pickles likes this.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old Apr 18, 19, 1:56 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: ORD
Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Posts: 5,194
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Could the OP be considering a two bedroom two bath "suite"/apartment?

Rates are highly location dependent, and can also be very expensive during major special events.
I've often seen RI's at a much higher price than a CY and sometimes even a FS Marriott, in certain cities. Still, I've never seen a $500/nt rate, so it would almost have to be a larger suite, not the standard RI room.
JBord is online now  
Old Apr 18, 19, 2:04 pm
  #12  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 91,890
Originally Posted by JBord View Post
I've often seen RI's at a much higher price than a CY and sometimes even a FS Marriott, in certain cities. Still, I've never seen a $500/nt rate, so it would almost have to be a larger suite, not the standard RI room.
I checked out of curiosity and saw some rates in the $800 range near Minneapolis for the Final Four period earlier this month.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old Apr 18, 19, 2:18 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: DFW
Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
Posts: 774
Originally Posted by Sfoguy415 View Post
At tops for monthly wait I would pay $2000/mo. Online you get the same deal, that these guys trying to bend you over to have it their way. These ain't no fancy hotel either.
Maybe the Manager said $1500. Unless you are renting a 2 BR Condo in a Residence Inn right in the middle of Time Square, I don't see that ever happening.
I have normally paid $3000 for a 1BR Room at Residence Inn/Homewood Suites when the normal rates were around $150 per night
catlike likes this.
DFWsakp is offline  
Old Apr 18, 19, 2:24 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 2,969
If a business doesn't want you as a client, they sometimes will quote an outrageous price knowing it will make the person go away. Perhaps you did or said something bizarre during your conversation to led the hotel staff member to think you'd be a "challenging" guest.
cre95, KRSW, ajeleonard and 4 others like this.
writerguyfl is offline  
Old Apr 18, 19, 2:24 pm
  #15  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 91,890
Originally Posted by DFWsakp View Post
Maybe the Manager said $1500. Unless you are renting a 2 BR Condo in a Residence Inn right in the middle of Time Square, I don't see that ever happening.
I have normally paid $3000 for a 1BR Room at Residence Inn/Homewood Suites when the normal rates were around $150 per night
$1500 plus tax would be about $75 per night, which would be very cheap in most locations unless it's a really old horrible RI, assuming that there's no good corporate contract.
MSPeconomist is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: