Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

About to die because of how frustrating Marriott is... Where is the DIGITAL CARD?!?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

About to die because of how frustrating Marriott is... Where is the DIGITAL CARD?!?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2019, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Where in the is the Marriott digital card?!?!!!! There's nothing with our full name on it. It looks like this was done on purpose. This is absolutely pathetic and only drives away loyalty.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 5:58 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
How will it save your life?
Old Apr 15, 2019, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Is Marriott serious right now. There's not a single documentation with our status and full name on it in the entire system
Old Apr 15, 2019, 6:05 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum
I can see my full name, my account number, and my current status in My Account in the app. Just save it as a picture if you need to have something that looks like a “card”.
JBord, nequine and MaddyC like this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pedro M
I can see my full name, my account number, and my current status in My Account in the app. Just save it as a picture if you need to have something that looks like a “card”.
What device are you using?
Old Apr 15, 2019, 6:57 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mingzie
Where in the is the Marriott digital card?!?!!!! There's nothing with our full name on it. It looks like this was done on purpose. This is absolutely pathetic and only drives away loyalty.
Only first name is on the card. There's also a 2D bar code. Should be all you need.

Was it done on purpose? Sure, probably, as a design feature. The reality is that no one ever needs to present a card, you can just use your ID and membership number (which is on the digital card) if there is some sort of mix-up at a property.

But yes, I'm sure hordes of loyal members are being driven away from Marriott because their last name isn't on a useless card. Marriott is pure evil!!!
Old Apr 15, 2019, 6:58 am

What on earth is a "digital card" and, should you survive the morning, what do you intend to do with it?
cawhite, karenkay, Newman and 5 others like this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are many many problems with Marriott at present. Oddly, I do not find the lack of a digital card to be one of them.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by arlflyer
What on earth is a "digital card" and, should you survive the morning, what do you intend to do with it?
Go to the app, My Account screen, then click on your membership number in the upper right corner of that screen. You'll see a picture of a Marriott membership card along with status, number, and a 2D bar code. I actually had to look for it in response to this post, since in 600+ nights and a dozen years I've never needed a card (digital or physical) for any reason.
RoyalFlush and nequine like this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
If this is what makes you "about to die," I'd hate to see how you handle cholera, zombies, asteroid impact...
Old Apr 15, 2019, 8:49 am

this has to be one of the most ridiculous titles ever.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 8:56 am

Programs: DL Silver, (used to be somebody here) Marriott Lifetime Titanium
i think the first name only is to slow down status match activities. MSC cruise line will give you status based on your hotel status once you supply your hotel credentials with your full name. I discovered that it isn't that easy with Marriott. I had to get a few screen grabs that had my full name and status.

I doubt that Marriott is concerned with MSC or any cruise line, but the more you have to supply to a Marriott hotel competitor might deter the "I taking my business someplace else" spur of the moment crowd
Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:03 am

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Hyperbole much? With a title like that, you might want to try Buzzfeed instead
Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:25 am

Some people just want to jump into the bandwagon of Marriott-bashing... sometimes just too eagerly.
Newman and flamingocrazyfl like this.

Last edited by MePlatPremier; Apr 15, 2019 at 9:31 am
Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoy Plat, HHonors Diamond, DL Gold
If Marriott is hell, dying might allow one to go to heaven. Many find Marriott to be more like purgatory, waiting for the merger dust to settle while they wait. Others find heaven elsewhere, through other hospitality companies and loyalty programs. The choice is up to you.
Personally, I don't put up with hell, but a Bonvoy digital card would never get me to heaven.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.