Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

About to die because of how frustrating Marriott is... Where is the DIGITAL CARD?!?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

About to die because of how frustrating Marriott is... Where is the DIGITAL CARD?!?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: IHG Plat, HH D, UA GS, Perm BonVoyed
Bill Marriott surely is rolling over in his grave.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 10:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by conde
If Marriott is hell, dying might allow one to go to heaven. Many find Marriott to be more like purgatory, waiting for the merger dust to settle while they wait. Others find heaven elsewhere, through other hospitality companies and loyalty programs. The choice is up to you.
Personally, I don't put up with hell, but a Bonvoy digital card would never get me to heaven.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 2:44 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by RoyalFlush
Bill Marriott surely is rolling over in his grave.
I'm sure you mean Senior.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 6:59 pm

Programs: 2023 MH Enrich Gold (OWS), 2023 Marriott Titanium and Lifetime Gold
Question Doesn't Show on My Android v8.0.0 Apps V9.3.0

Originally Posted by JBord
Go to the app, My Account screen, then click on your membership number in the upper right corner of that screen. You'll see a picture of a Marriott membership card along with status, number, and a 2D bar code. I actually had to look for it in response to this post, since in 600+ nights and a dozen years I've never needed a card (digital or physical) for any reason.
Are you using Apple? Android v8.0.0 apps v9.3.0 as per your steps above, click on membership number has no response. Anyone else using Android v8 able to see "digital card" or maybe on newer Android 9? Thanks
Old Apr 15, 2019, 7:51 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott nobody
Originally Posted by Danial
Are you using Apple? Android v8.0.0 apps v9.3.0 as per your steps above, click on membership number has no response. Anyone else using Android v8 able to see "digital card" or maybe on newer Android 9? Thanks
I am curious as to what exactly you need the digital card for. None of the hotels I have stayed at have ever asked to see my "digital card" Are there things that require a digital card?
Newman, nequine and nancypants like this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 1:36 am

At hotel restaurant. If I want have discount.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 1:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by HHQX888
At hotel restaurant. If I want have discount.
You don't need a digital card at the restaurant. You just need to give them your Marriott Bonvoy #. I have friends in Asia who get the discount all the time & they just provide the restaurant their Bonvoy #.

Cheers.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 5:43 am

Programs: 2023 MH Enrich Gold (OWS), 2023 Marriott Titanium and Lifetime Gold
Question Match to Other Competitor

Originally Posted by EdofFX
I am curious as to what exactly you need the digital card for. None of the hotels I have stayed at have ever asked to see my "digital card" Are there things that require a digital card?
Why ? Hilton HHonors requires me to scan a copy of my hotel loyalty card (Bonvoy) why I don't have either physical or digital and HHonors rejected my request twice stating my documentation given are not sufficient (they don't accept print copy of the Apps stating I am Plat Elite). Does that answer your question on why.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 5:50 am
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
Thumbs up No Reason To Worry MyFriend...

I know this really fat bald guy named Sven who for $20.00 will be more than happy to perform CPR on you (-:
strickerj and nancypants like this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 6:03 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Yes, Apple. It should be available on Android as well but perhaps a different path?
Old Apr 16, 2019, 8:28 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Delta Sky Miles, and S&H Green Stamps
Originally Posted by EdofFX
Duh! A digital card reader...
Old Apr 16, 2019, 9:43 am

Why ? Hilton HHonors requires me to scan a copy of my hotel loyalty card (Bonvoy) why I don't have either physical or digital and HHonors rejected my request twice stating my documentation given are not sufficient (they don't accept print copy of the Apps stating I am Plat Elite). Does that answer your question on why.
I'm sure your ability to status match to their competitor is an extremely high priority for Marriott.
RAPC, wrp96, nancypants and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
There's a lot of legitimate things to complain about how Marriott is operating nowadays... this is not one of them.
myperks and nancypants like this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 10:28 am

they also need a copy of your activity which your full name shows under your profile and member number online so...
Old Apr 16, 2019, 10:59 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Is Marriott going to mail out Lifetime Titanium cards?

I can't bear the thought of being seen as a mere lifetime platinum when I flash my card.
EdofFX likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.