Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

"Arrival Information" Section on Marriott Website Gone?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2019, 5:13 pm
ryw
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium

I was looking for check in time and parking information for some upcoming stays and to my surprise I couldn't find it on any properties. On the desktop website, this information used to be in a dropdown section called "Arrival Information", when looking at "All Hotel Details" for a specific property. This used to have check in/check out times, cost of parking, internet costs, and a description of how many floors/rooms/suites the property has.

This seems to be gone on all property pages (I did a quick spot check of the SFO Westin, Crystal Gateway Marriott, and NYC Downtown Marriott, and none of them have it). The internet archive shows the section on the Crystal Gateway page as of last fall, so I know I'm not crazy and imagining this section was there! I don't see the info when I checked on the mobile app either, so it seems like it's on Marriott's end.

Anyone else seeing the same thing or know why this is happening?
Old Apr 13, 2019, 5:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I didn't notice it until you started the thread, but I just did a spot check of some properties & you're right - the info's not there anymore. It must be a recent change because I know I checked on some things that were in hotel details recently that were there & not there now. Wondering if IT is tinkering w/ the website & the info will be back again at the beginning of the week.

Cheers.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 7:24 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium; Amtrak Select
Was looking for parking info for a property yesterday and realized that section appears to have gone poof, which means no info about parking costs. Not helpful, Marriott!
Old Apr 13, 2019, 7:27 pm

I'm hoping it's a temporary thing/IT is mucking around & it will return back to normal. If not this would definitely need to be run up the flagpole. People need that info!

Cheers.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by wordsmith
Was looking for parking info for a property yesterday and realized that section appears to have gone poof, which means no info about parking costs. Not helpful, Marriott!
The parking info is still in the hotel info section of the APP.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 7:36 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I usually check the parking information under location/maps before making a booking.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:08 pm

Trust MAR to make it a bit hard. Found the info that used to be on the hotel website.

If you do a search for a property or city on the MAR website from the home page, it will bring up the various options. Pick the property you want & it will bring up the property w/ basic info at a glance (w/ a link to the property website, but don't click that), but below the property quick info it will have drop down menus for overview, amenities & guest rooms. Click on amenities & it brings up all the info you need/are looking for.in detail.

Cheers.
ryw likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:27 pm
ryw
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Trust MAR to make it a bit hard. Found the info that used to be on the hotel website.

If you do a search for a property or city on the MAR website from the home page, it will bring up the various options. Pick the property you want & it will bring up the property w/ basic info at a glance (w/ a link to the property website, but don't click that), but below the property quick info it will have drop down menus for overview, amenities & guest rooms. Click on amenities & it brings up all the info you need/are looking for.in detail.

Cheers.
Annoying and not very obvious to find, but at least it's in there somewhere. (FYI right now I'm only able to get that popup with the quick info when I'm searching for properties in map view, but not in list view). Thanks the sleuthing and the tip!
Old Apr 13, 2019, 9:31 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Deleted
Old Apr 13, 2019, 10:22 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
They put it on the same page as the property email address.
controller1, ethernal, ryw and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 4:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
I always thought it was under the “map” section on the website for each property.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 6:31 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by Chewie
I always thought it was under the “map” section on the website for each property.
I’ve been using this since the merger, but there tends to be only occasionally useful info on this page - I’ve been having to go to Tripadvisor and doing searches for things like transfers, etc. Excited that the relevant info might still be out there on hidden webpages - will try the hint for next time.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 7:23 am

Programs: LH, PG, BA, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by Chewie
Parking information is still under the map section on the website for all the properties I have looked at
Old Apr 14, 2019, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
They put it on the same page as the property email address.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 10:32 am

Information is now back on property websites under hotel details, then arrival information. Gotta love Marriott IT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.