Wiki Posts
Search

How to Use Your24 Benefit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
How to Use Your24 Benefit

How do request the Your24 benefit for an upcoming stay? Do I need to call my Ambassador or the hotel? Thanks!
Old Apr 13, 2019, 9:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You need to contact your Ambassador (and get a response from the Ambassador, which can be hard).
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You need to contact your Ambassador (and get a response from the Ambassador, which can be hard).
Got it, thanks! Now I wish I hadn’t waited until three days before check in to ask...
bhrubin likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by TWA Guy

Got it, thanks! Now I wish I hadn’t waited until three days before check in to ask...
Most probably it won’t go through. I believe you’ll be better off by calling hotel directly, maybe using the chat function on the app (which is turned on 2 days before arrival date).
Old Apr 13, 2019, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
Most probably it won’t go through. I believe you’ll be better off by calling hotel directly, maybe using the chat function on the app (which is turned on 2 days before arrival date).
Will do, thanks!
Old Apr 13, 2019, 1:38 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Sadly the merger has pretty much killed off this benefit. I’m finding only a small proportion of hotels ever respond or pass on the info to reception - it’s one of a number of issues my Ambassador is raising with corporate in the hope they’ll do something. I did point out that this is the one published benefit for the company’s biggest spenders, so just not bothering to have it working is a pretty damning statement of intent in my view.

Anyone can of course contact the hotel directly for a late checkout, but it won’t be a “Your24” request and you’ll almost certainly be told to ask on the day. I generally go through my Ambassador first, and in the 70% or so of times the process doesn’t work I will speak to the hotel myself.
UA-NYC likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Sadly the merger has pretty much killed off this benefit......
IMHO, Marriott doesn't really want to provide Your24 benefit yet kept it in order not to alienate SPG fans. Marriott then makes it obscure and difficult to request. Your24 will probably disappear in the next benefit revision.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 5:20 pm

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
In 2020 when Ambassador guests are all $20k+/yr spend, there should be fewer, and presumably fewer who care about things like Your24. Keeping it as Ambassador-only seems reasonably easy.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
IMHO, Marriott doesn't really want to provide Your24 benefit yet kept it in order not to alienate SPG fans. Marriott then makes it obscure and difficult to request. Your24 will probably disappear in the next benefit revision.
Your24 was a sham long before the merger.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Your24 was a great benefit - strong successes with it over the years

It only became a sham once Marriott took over, and did their typical "let's make everything as opaque as possible" move to no longer allow an easy request on the web site
EuropeanPete and supatight80 like this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 7:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My Ambassador seems to contact the hotel directly more often than not for my Your24 requests. Some of them are close in, for some she tells me to wait for SNAs to clear or for a preupgrade, and for one (success) she had to explain the feature to the hotel as the GM had apparently never heard of it.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:01 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
Your24 was a sham long before the merger.
Many of us used the benefit extensively and to great effect, so calling it a “scam” seems a bit ill-informed.
mikebor and bhrubin like this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete

Many of us used the benefit extensively and to great effect, so calling it a “scam” seems a bit ill-informed.
A sham is not a scam — it is ill-informed to mix one concept with the other. As to whether the benefit was effective in bygone times, and although individual experiences do differ, most probably it all comes to the romanticization and mystification of Ol’ SPG that nowadays is so much en vogue on this forum.
DJ_Iceman likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:50 pm

Programs: MR rewards
Use the 24 benefits 3 times with success one was checking in at 8AM at London busy property .
Never talk to the concierge just at the hotel receipton !
Old Apr 13, 2019, 9:21 pm

There is something of a calculated risk in using Your24 for early checkin; maybe it’s a bit more unlikely that the better rooms/suites are going to be available at 0900, for example ( at least on balance). I’ve noticed that there is a greater likelihood of not getting a great upgrade in that situation ( and for me that’s ok, early access is the greater benefit in most circumstances ...although naturally I’d prefer both).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.