Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

What to do with Almost 2 million points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

my 500k or so starwood points just became almost 2 MILLION Bongo Bongo points. with the 2 mil BB points, it appears i can get a mid grade room at the daniel i for one nite1!!!! what am i missing? can i transfer these points to something worth while in airline miles?
Old Mar 31, 2019, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by slawecki
my 500k or so starwood points just became almost 2 MILLION Bongo Bongo points. with the 2 mil BB points, it appears i can get a mid grade room at the daniel i for one nite1!!!! what am i missing? can i transfer these points to something worth while in airline miles?
you are missing a lot... and your conversion is off.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MarkCron
Hope the OP takes some od the advice in this thread and reports back
I JUST checked, and rechecked, i show 1.,975,000 bb points, and i am a gold. can these bb points be converted to airline miles? when i go on the marriott site, all the seem to want to sell is a vacation to somewhere. is 1,975,000 a mot of bb points?
Old Apr 1, 2019, 11:06 am
Community Director Emerita

I JUST checked, and rechecked, i show 1.,975,000 bb points, and i am a gold. can these bb points be converted to airline miles? when i go on the marriott site, all the seem to want to sell is a vacation to somewhere. is 1,975,000 a mot of bb points?
It's enough points to make me jealous. Here's the relevant thread in the forum:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...fer-times.html

And here it is on the Marriott site:

https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/red...ts-to-miles.mi

I've asked the mods to move your query to the relevant thread as it doesn't focus on the OPs loss of status.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 11:35 am

As you said in a different thread, “with the 2 mil BB points, it appears i can get a mid grade room at the daniel i for one nite1!!!!”
Old Apr 1, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott nobody
What are BB points? and where did you earn them?
Old Apr 1, 2019, 11:55 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Well they aren't getting more valuable, thus you should have asked up around 1m. I'd be burning these things until I hit around 500-600k to keep around. I'm sure you travel on airlines, so transfer to your program of choice, or better yet wait for multipliers for hotel to air conversions that some programs offer sporadically (AA/BA, etc.).

Also you can get any hotel rooms you want for quite a while, but please don't sit on these any longer.
friscotrvlr likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by EdofFX
What are BB points?
My only guess is "butt-in-bed"; for airlines the term is usually BIS ("butt-in-seat"), though I haven't seen an analogous abbreviation as commonly used in the hotel forums.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 12:09 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
A donation to a new member with only 72.000 points would be highly appreciated ☺️
sdsearch, ryw and RocketG like this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 12:45 pm

My thought as well as I sit on 1M points. Man, I have to spend these quickly. My average vacation week went from 225k points three years ago to 300k + $500 (the only reward available). Spend em today because they will be worth less tomorrow.
schley likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
What are BB points? and where did you earn them?
Presumably BonBon or Bongo Bongo points.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl

Presumably BonBon or Bongo Bongo points.
Ah, the Bongo Bongo points! I was coming up with different names after the merger, but Bongo Bongo sounds better. You can transfer them to airlines, just don't expect great conversion ratios. Luckily, you have boat loads of them, so that should lessen the pain. My suggestion would be for you to pick the airline that would spark your joy first, and transfer later.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Ah, the Bongo Bongo points! I was coming up with different names after the merger, but Bongo Bongo sounds better. You can transfer them to airlines, just don't expect great conversion ratios. Luckily, you have boat loads of them, so that should lessen the pain. My suggestion would be for you to pick the airline that would spark your joy first, and transfer later.
Transfer ratios are same as they were with SPG. 20K SPG pts = 25K miles for most airlines. Now 60K BB pts = 25K miles for most airlines.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 6:36 pm

Programs: MR rewards
I disagree with burning the points and keep certion amount in the account !!
you should use them the correct way 5 nights in expensive hotels, if the hotel sell the room for 280 or less i well pay more than that i well use the points if my stay 5 nights or more (this is my strategy most of the time)
Also you can use them for 7 nights plus air miles here is the link https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/redeem/travel/packages.mi

​​​​​​Im sitting on 1,600.000 points today just use 240k in London save me something around $2500 for 5 nights..
if you have 2M try to keep your account with 700k all the time..!
ryw likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl

Transfer ratios are same as they were with SPG. 20K SPG pts = 25K miles for most airlines. Now 60K BB pts = 25K miles for most airlines.
Well, 3 to 1 is not a great ratio (even though it resulted in the same number of air miles as in the SPG era). That was what I meant. Actually this thread reminded me of the air miles transfer options.

OP mentioned in another thread that he does not stay in chain hotels, but he somehow earned 700,000 SPG points. So this thread may be the product of this very special day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.