Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Upcoming Award Stay Keeps Switching to 8 Guests

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2019, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum

Booked a reservation at the Marriott Desert Springs for April using points. I requested a suite night upgrade and everything has been fine until today. Checked my reservation and our 1 room with 4 guests reservation now shows 8 guests.

I called Bonvoy service and they started trying to fix the reservation and hit some road blocks. They decided to rebook the reservation and then cancel the old one. In that process they managed to lose my suite night request but were able to fix the number or guests.

A few hours later I have lost 5 suite awards (for the moment) and the reservation once again shows 8 guests in the room.

Has as anyone experience this issue?
Old Mar 29, 2019, 7:37 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by GoCanes
Booked a reservation at the Marriott Desert Springs for April using points. I requested a suite night upgrade and everything has been fine until today. Checked my reservation and our 1 room with 4 guests reservation now shows 8 guests.

I called Bonvoy service and they started trying to fix the reservation and hit some road blocks. They decided to rebook the reservation and then cancel the old one. In that process they managed to lose my suite night request but were able to fix the number or guests.

A few hours later I have lost 5 suite awards (for the moment) and the reservation once again shows 8 guests in the room.

Has as anyone experience this issue?
It's most likely a glitch with the property, why didn't you reach out to the property instead of central reservations?
Old Mar 29, 2019, 7:39 am

Programs: AA PLT PRO, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt. Premier
Property probably has one of those $1,000 a night no show fees per guest and they are just trying to maximize revenue.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 7:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I've had the same thing happen ever since I've been booking on marriott.com. And often the app and website show a different number of guests, too.
TerryK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.