Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SpringHill Suites New York JFK Airport/Jamaica [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2019, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

The Marriott site shows this new hotel to be opening in May 2019; does anyone know whether this is still on track to open by May?
Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
No idea, but here's the website. Category 5.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...ueens-jamaica/

If you stay there, please do a trip report.

Cheers.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 10:25 pm

I am not sure I would label this hotel "JFK" but I guess the AirTrain and a 10 minute walk isn't terrible.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Sspringhill JFK WALK

Booked for stay August 9th. On way to hotel see reservation was cancelled. Upon calling was informed "a company called yesterday and bought out hotel for 2 months." I ask where they've booked me. Um, that's on you. Um ,no I'm a Titanium member. Finally manager on duty books room at Fairfield. Arrive and they have no payment info. Call Springhill and point out they haven't given payment information. Um we don't have a corporate card yet. Will you pay and we'll pay you back with check and issue your 90k points, and $100 compensation.

Guess what I'm having to argue for? He then lies to a Marriott case manager and says all has been taken care of. Agent can see it hasn't once I call back.

Last edited by flyerCO; Aug 17, 2021 at 2:14 pm
Old Aug 17, 2021, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Spoke again with Marriott CS. They were shocked he lied to them. I explained how he was down right ride when I called him. They told me hold on, let us call him. Agent stated was rude with her also. He feels this is a Marriott issue, not hotel. He doesn't get he is the one that walked customers, not Marriott. I don't think he understood how expensive canceling all these reservations would be. (Hotel is brand new, and it's obvious so is the GM)
Old Aug 17, 2021, 9:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
He will learn the hard way then. 90 thousand points will cost them $540 if LoyaltyLobby's estimate of $6 for 1000 points for hotels is correct.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by VA1379
He will learn the hard way then. 90 thousand points will cost them $540 if LoyaltyLobby's estimate of $6 for 1000 points for hotels is correct.
Yeah. Think he saw big $$$ and didn't take into account cost of cancelling reservations for two months.

I received an email from hotel (day after date of reservation). It advised a company had bought out hotel and that they were simply canceling reservations. Go to Marriott. Com and make a reservation elsewhere it states. Obviously thought that was perfectly ok.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Called back today to see status update. I was escalated to a supervisor because they noted GM had failed to respond back/take action. Marriott CS supervisor went ahead and added the points to my account. Supervisor is escalating because as he stated "the GM isn't even responding to us now and has previously been untruthful."

I've had better experiences with Motel 6 managers than the Springhill Suites JFK GM.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 7:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
They could be in violation of their franchising agreement if they are not responding to Marriott. That could get extremely expensive.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

FINAL RESOLUTION

Marriott CS is not happy with property could be understatement of the year!

GM finally just totally stopped responding.

Bottom line Marriott offered to post another 90k points to my account. (In lieu of check for $282 due for $100 compensation and $182 paid to Fairfield Inn )

When you include the previous points issued as part of standard compensation(plus 20k issued for this dragging on for so long), total comes to 200k points charged to hotel. Way more costly than simply issuing check.

This GM has no business being a night clerk at a Motel 6, muchless a GM of any property. He thought it was perfectly fine to cancel everyone's reservations for 2 months, starting that very night. He thought it was ok to tell customers they're on their own to rebook. He thought it was ok to not honor Marriott standards for walking elite guests. Finally he thought it was perfectly fine to lie to not only guest, but Marriott CS agents. Even the Marriott CS agents stated they'd never seen anything like this.
KRSW and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 4:41 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Sounds like he is well on his way to a promotion!
Old Sep 29, 2021, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Reminds me of older threads over in the Hilton Forum and Travel Buzz:

"Yours is a Very Bad Hotel" - FUNNY

10th Anniversary of (In)Famous Doubletree Event

The famous "Yours is a Very Bad Hotel" Powerpoint presentation

And, oh, 20 years of the event is fast approaching...

David
Old Oct 26, 2021, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

I thought this story was over and done with. Last week I received an email from someone in management at the group that owns/manages the property. In it he apologized for the treatment and lack of response/lying when did respond. (I can't imagine the GM is still employed after all this) He stated he was going to make sure the 90k points were posted. I assumed he meant the one that had already been posted, as not aware of anything outstanding.

Fast forward to today. I get email saying the property has provided 90k points. I look in account expecting it to be the 90k already posted. Nope, yet another 90k.

Brings to total 290k points cost to hotel provided for walking customer for one night. All of which could've been avoided if they had simply made sure I had booking at another property.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 7:16 am

So the above is mostly a single saga. Any experiences with transport to the hotel? The website says there is both car service and complementary airport shuttle. Can anyone confirm any complimentary shuttle from JFK?

Last edited by xooz; Mar 19, 2022 at 7:44 am
Old Apr 5, 2022, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
I have the same question as xooz above -- any experience with the shuttle?

But also wondering if anyone stayed here and can explain these west elm trundle beds they supposedly have. It seems like these things convert to *two* beds? Plus the regular bedding in the room? But maximum occupancy for a room with a king and one of these trundle beds is only 3 people, which makes no sense.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.