Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Have to book a higher rate now to use RC club level certificates?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy Titanium

This is the first time this has happened for me, but I called in to Guest Services today to apply a Ritz club level upgrade certificate (from my Ritz JP Morgan card) for an existing reservation and I was told that the rate would be about $20 more per night if I wanted to use my certificate. The rate I had booked was the standard Member rate for their cheapest room and in the past they would just apply the certificate without rebooking at a different rate. I haven't used one of these certificates in a few months, so I'm wondering if this is one of the new Bonvoy improvements, or if the agent I talked to didn't know what he was doing.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
It has always been this way. The rate for the club upgrade and $100 credit is the same price as the regular rate, which will be somewhat higher than the member rate. These certificates cannot be applied to a normal booking at the member rate. You are most likely mis-remembering your experience in the past, as the only way to attach one of these certificates is to book that special rate.
Beltway2A likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 1:33 pm

The (phone only) rate code in question is Z38 for the rate that uses the club level upgrade certs and $100 credit. A good proxy rate code to search for online is Z34 (rate code that includes $100 credit only).
dagangwood likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.