Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Formula 1 team Mercedes-AMG Petronas partnership with Marriott Bonvoy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2019, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.

Just watching the highlights of the Australian grand-prix, and Marriott Bonvoy in prime position on the in-car camera shots for Lewis Hamilton's car, as it's on the Halo safety device (like the roll-bar of the car).

Marriott and Mercedes just announced a renewed partnership, which in addition to seeing Marriott Bonvoy on the car and racing suits of the drivers Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas, also includes Marriott Moments including experiences at the track. The partnership also makes Ritz-Carlton the official hotel program of the Mercedes team.
Coathanger likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 5:49 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
They should speed money fixing their problems before advertising and bring more people to the mess.
Sabai likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 5:59 am

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
Hamilton won today, set a track record

must be the bonvoy karma, makes everything better.....

will be there to watch again tomorrow
GregWTravels likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 4:27 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
This is one of my favourite partnerships in the SPG/Marriott family, I met Lewis in Barcelona a few years back at a great event put on by SPG at W Barcelona, really cool aspect of the moments programme.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Watch the tech in his car suddenly start to go south and his crew be unable to fix it
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 6:04 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Valterri won Australian GP .... and it seems like the creative minds behind Bonvoy never mess around with Mercedes AMG F1 team .... 🤣
Old Mar 17, 2019, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Given today's performance, I think Marriott will get their money's worth in screen time.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
Yep, they finished 1&2

he big big news was the only Aussie driver hitting the curb 10sec in and having to retire from the race eventually

that sent the home town crowd to the trams early

it was a “ great day for motor car racing”
Old Mar 17, 2019, 3:36 pm

Also sporting a big banner on the race suit
Old Mar 17, 2019, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Petronas pays about $60M/yr for title sponsorship. I'd guess Marriott is in for about $20-30M

Last edited by CPRich; Mar 18, 2019 at 4:55 am
Old Mar 17, 2019, 6:41 pm

They really need to redesign the banner on the suits, one can barely read Bonvoy correctly—the N looks weird and the small O is obscured.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 10:09 pm

They also ran Bonboy ad at every commercial break during the Sky's post and pre race shows.

Last edited by pauq; Mar 17, 2019 at 10:10 pm Reason: Fixing video link
Old Mar 18, 2019, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by pauq
They also ran Bonboy ad at every commercial break during the Sky's post and pre race shows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9hjvISsDWg
Went and saw Captain Marvel with my daughter on Saturday and they showed this just before the movie started.

They should be spending the money on their IT systems not advertising at the moment....
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by mrfreezetas
They should be spending the money on their IT systems not advertising at the moment....
Yes, yes. And people should not be travelling for leisure whilst there is still poverty in the world...
Old Mar 20, 2019, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by mrfreezetas
Went and saw Captain Marvel with my daughter on Saturday and they showed this just before the movie started.

Exactly my thought when I saw the ad for the second time in 20 minutes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.