Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Moxy Dusseldorf South - Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2019, 1:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Cat 3. Hotel website:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/dusod-moxy-duesseldorf-south/"Our Moxy hotel is located on the south site of Duesseldorf city center in the Holthausen district, which is home of well know industrial giants like Henkel and BASF. The hotel can be reached in 30 minutes driving from Duesseldorf Airport and Messe....ust a couple of minutes away by car or train from Dusseldorf City Center, and with an easy and short access to nearby cities as Leverkusen and Cologne. Come to Duesseldorf to visit world class fairs and events, the Dusseldorf Medienhafen or the famous sights which are all in easy reach from Moxy Duesseldorf South."
Old Mar 14, 2019, 10:27 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Anybody stayed?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 3:20 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

The location is not in downtown but in Düsseldorf-Holthausen. Connection to downtown by tram from stop "Holthausen" (500 - 800 metres from hotel).

Hotel is the typcial Moxy with small rooms. Public space is compared to other Moxy hotels more of the small side and not very much to my liking. This is simply to the fact, that a number of seats / lounge chairs are next to the entrance and everybody entering need to pass it. Also a number of seat behind the check-in / bar area.
The hotel does not provide a fitness centre, which is a downside. Rooms to the back are quiet, to the street not so much. But should be okay. Like in many hotels difficult to hang clothes (only to not very good positioned hangers).
Staff is friendly, but do not expect anything as an elite other than a thank you for being a loyal XXX member.

Never had breakfast there, as I always left before they start serving it. What I noticed during preparation was, that it shold be on the same level in regard to offered items than any other Moxy. Could not comment on quality though.
Parkings is available for a fee, street parking might be difficult.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 6:33 am
Original Member

Thanks. Is it similar to a Motel One or B&B Hotel?
Old Mar 22, 2019, 4:39 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

I have not stayed for a long time at a Motel one, but I would say so.

I returned from a three night stay there and took a couple of pictures.

The room (Moxy Sleeper / i.e. Standard Room), no upgrade

Moxy Sleeper Room at Moxy Düsseldorf South

The Lobby of the Hotel

Lobby Moxy Düsseldorf South

Lobby Moxy Düsseldorf South
MrM2016 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 8:57 am
Original Member

Thanks. The decor definitely more upscale than B&B Hotels. Nice to see they have shower stalls instead of the high rim bath tubs at the Renaissance/Sheraton in town..
Old Mar 22, 2019, 9:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
FLYGVA, thanks for the trip report & pics. Much appreciated.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.