Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2019 Q1 'Double Take' global promo, 19 Mar - 4 Jun, register from 5 Mar.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
ATTENTION!!! Many Users are reporting error when trying to enroll. The only option right now is to call Marriott if that is happening to you.

'Double Take' promo : double points, from the second stay onwards, March 19 and June 4, 2019

Earn Even More. Marriott Bonvoy U.S. Card Members earn an exclusive bonus of 500 additional points for weekend stays** — starting with the first stay.

**A "weekend stay" is defined as a stay that includes a Friday or Saturday night regardless of where the hotel is located.

Registration for the Double Take global promotion begins on 5 March, 2019.

T&C:

Registration of your Marriott Bonvoy account is required. Marriott Bonvoy™ members who register for this promotion by May 21, 2019 will earn double points per stay, starting with their second stay during the promotion earning period. The double points earning is only applicable to members’ base points earned per stay. The promotion earning period is for stays between March 19, 2019 and June 4, 2019, at participating Marriott Bonvoy™ properties. A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion. The member receiving this offer has been targeted and the offer is not transferable. ExecuStay, Marriott Executive Apartments and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points. Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay. Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion. For a list of current participating brands, visit www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. All Marriott Bonvoy™ terms and conditions apply. See www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information. Visit marriottbonvoy.com/DoubleTake or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.

As part of this promotion, Marriott Bonvoy members who are the primary account holder of a U.S.-issued Marriott Bonvoy co-brand credit card (Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy™ Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy Business™ Credit Card from Chase and/or The Ritz-Carlton™ Credit Card from JPMorgan) will earn 500 bonus points per weekend stay, including the first weekend stay, at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties during the promotion earning period. A ‘weekend stay’ is defined as a stay that includes a Friday or Saturday night regardless of where the hotel is located. The 500 bonus points per weekend stay is in addition to any double bonus points earned. Marriott Bonvoy member’s card account must be open as of May 21, 2019 in order to qualify for the Card Member bonus. To be eligible to receive the Card Member bonus, Card Member must have an active Marriott Bonvoy member account linked to their credit card that was used to register for this promotion. Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account up to six weeks after the promotion ends.

This promotional offer is not provided by Chase Bank USA, N.A. or American Express. Fulfillment of this offer and its respective terms, conditions and restrictions are the sole responsibility of Marriott International, Inc.

FAQs

Q : Does a 1-night stay count as the first stay ?
A : Yes, this would count as the first stay as long as the one night falls within the promotion period.

Q : Does an award stay count as the first stay ?
A : No, full award stays do not count towards this offer as a first stay.

Q : Does a stay that straddles the start / end date of the promotion period count ?
A : If you check-in before March 19 but check-out after, that stay will count as a Double Take stay. Likewise, if you check-in before June 4, that stay will count as a Double Take stay, even if you check out after.

Q : Which points are doubled ?
A : Double points are only applicable to the base points you’ll earn on a stay.

Q: If a member is enrolled in both Double Take and "Exclusively For You: Double Points" promotion, will they earn for both promotions?
A: Yes, if the Stay meets the qualifications for both promotions, the member will get quadruple points.
Print Wikipost

2019 Q1 'Double Take' global promo, 19 Mar - 4 Jun, register from 5 Mar.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2019, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Can't register here either.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 7:46 pm

I also received the mailer and cannot register.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Then why do they say "register now"?
Why did they say the 29 Ways promo would start on Oct 4?
Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Why did they say the 29 Ways promo would start on Oct 4?
Exactly my point. When they set expectations, they should fulfill them.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:01 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Another promotion starting with your 2nd stay. Uh.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
No need to be an idiot. It's clearly printed material that has been leaked. (with a much longer timeframe for printing and distribution)

Or do you think that printed material magically appears worldwide within seconds of the promo being announced?
Newman and margarita girl like this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
they have said tons of things in the recent past & have failed to deliver on most of them....
Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:05 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
i got nothing. no email about everything at all.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:40 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Just before anyone else posts "I got NOTHING / I can't register NOW", it's worth pausing to consider the possibility that the OP has acquired some promotional material ahead of the official launch date.
dgreen12, Newman, SLC 4217 and 5 others like this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 4:08 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Did you read the thread title?
i mean also for targeted recent promos
Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:08 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Just before anyone else posts "I got NOTHING / I can't register NOW", it's worth pausing to consider the possibility that the OP has acquired some promotional material ahead of the official launch date.
Double Points is nice but at the same time it’s not really much of an incentive as it’s dilutive to the overall program if everyone has more points.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget

Double Points is nice but at the same time it’s not really much of an incentive as it’s dilutive to the overall program if everyone has more points.
People who stay more often or at more expensive properties will get more points. Also the people getting points from credit cards won't benefit.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Simon
I received a mailer advertising a Q1 campaign for ""Double Take / Earn 2x points around the world."
Requires registration at marriottbonvoy.com/doubletakeGoing to that url immediately redirects to https://www.marriott.com/loyalty.mi, where there is no reference to any such thing.

Has anyone managed to register for this?
Originally Posted by Jono
I also received the mailer and cannot register.
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
At least 2 people have received the mailer, just on this thread.
Can you guys confirm this arrived in the mail, and not obtained some other way?

If so, very poor execution of a campaign...They need to open up registration, if not expand the actual dates of the promo...
Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by goodeats21
At least 2 people have received the mailer, just on this thread.
Can you guys confirm this arrived in the mail, and not obtained some other way?
Confirming that I received this directly by snail mail.
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:34 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget

Huh? Not everyone has more points, only those who stay get points, and those who stay more get more points. If someone gives you a dollar and someone gives me 5 dollars, it doesn't make mine worth any less. It's not like hotel points are a perfectly elastic supply and demand system either, as the redemption rates are relatively fixed. The point of these programs is not to give out free points as a reward for being a member, but to persuade customers to stay at Marriott more often.

I, for one, will be very happy when this promotion goes live.
SLC 4217 and margarita girl like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.