Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Gift Cards Can Now Be Used at All SPG Hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2019, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Centurion

From the Gift Card section of Marriotts website:

Q. Where can I use my Marriott GiftCard / eGiftCard?
A. Marriott GiftCards / eGiftCards can be used at any participating Marriott hotel at these brands, including AC Hotels by Marriott®, Aloft®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Courtyard®, Delta Hotels and Resorts®, EDITION®, Element®, Fairfield Inn & Suites®, Four Points® by Sheraton, Gaylord Hotels®, JW Marriott®, Le Méridien®, Marriott Hotels®, Marriott Vacation Club®, Moxy Hotels ,Renaissance® Hotels, Residence Inn®, Sheraton®, SpringHill Suites®, St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, The Ritz-Carlton, TownePlace Suites®, Tribute Portfolio™, W®, Westin®
Old Feb 23, 2019, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
This is excellent news. Sheraton Hyde Park, look out! No more ripping me off with your 3% surcharge.

I had to search for where to find this info, so here is a link for anyone else who is interested.

https://gifts.marriott.com/terms.html

Thank you OP!
MasterGeek likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 2:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Has anybody succeeded yet?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:14 am

No go when I tried at the Sheraton Grand in LA last week. The GM claimed that he cannot access the eGift card portal and that the integration is still slowly coming along
Old Mar 11, 2019, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by standing01
No go when I tried at the Sheraton Grand in LA last week. The GM claimed that he cannot access the eGift card portal and that the integration is still slowly coming along
Sounds like possible problems using e-gift cards. How about hard (plastic) gift cards? Has anyone had success using one at any former Starwood location?
Old Mar 11, 2019, 1:27 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TravelStar
Sounds like possible problems using e-gift cards. How about hard (plastic) gift cards? Has anyone had success using one at any former Starwood location?
If they can process a physical gift card they can process an electronic one.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 3:51 pm

Could not be processed at the Sheraton in Port Douglas on March 26th.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:29 pm

Just used a Marriott gift card at the St. Regis Bora Bora. They said I was the first one.

By the way loved the St. Regis. Read a review comparing the St. Regis and Conrad done by OneMile at a Time from just a couple of months ago, they preferred Conrad. We much preferred the St. Regis, like really have to wonder how they came up with their conclusion.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sheraton hotels are carrying Sheraton branded gift cards! This really surprised me since Starwood never had gift cards. I expected they would all be Marriott branded. My gf said she was denied using her Sheraton gift card at a Marriott hotel a few days ago.

Edit: Forgot to update that Marriott Manila eventually accepted the Sheraton gift cards. Guess they’ve never seen them before either!

Last edited by margarita girl; May 25, 2019 at 11:41 pm
Old Apr 24, 2019, 9:26 am

Programs: mileageplus
No go for me at Westin Copley place Boston on 4/6.
Old May 16, 2019, 8:31 am

Was denied at Sheraton Riverwalk in Tampa and 4 Points Sheraton in Salt Lake City.
Old May 19, 2019, 2:00 pm

Programs: WN A+/CP
Denied at Four Points in Miami Beach. The front desk refused to talk to gift card line to get instructions on how to process via the web portal.
Old May 25, 2019, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here is my experience so far in Australia.

Melbourne Marriott, gift cards accepted without issue, saved myself 2% credit card fee.

Sheraton Grand Mirage Gold Coast, no idea how to process gift cards even though I notified them day before checkout. At check out, they asked me to leave gift card with them, and they would charge the balance on my credit card on file. It took about 2 weeks for my gift card to be zeroed out and the balance owing (about $8) was never charged to my credit card.

Sheraton Sydney, no idea how to process gift cards even though I notified them 2 days before checkout. Charged full amount to my credit card plus 1.5% credit card fee. No goodwill gesture. I have since been advised that they are ready to accept my gift cards for next visit.

Westin Perth, no idea how to process gift cards, but mgr agreed to waive 1.5% credit card fee. FDA tried to tell me that credit card fees were built into the price in NA and Europe. However she couldn’t explain why I paid $300 for a $300 gift card. Apparently they will be learning how to process gift cards in the next few weeks.

Old Jul 23, 2019, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Now that it's been a few months, are Marriott Gift Cards more accepted at former SPG properties? I have a reservation at the St. Regis in Punta Mita, Mexico in September and hope to use some there.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by TravelStar
Now that it's been a few months, are Marriott Gift Cards more accepted at former SPG properties? I have a reservation at the St. Regis in Punta Mita, Mexico in September and hope to use some there.

Were you able to use Marriott gift card at St. Regis in Punta Mita? We're going there next year and was thinking of the same thing. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.