Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

No Marriott Chase Business Credit Card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold

Feb 12 snuck past me... but I had not even realized that Marriott is NOT offering a business card through Chase? Or am I missing something?

Definite downer if so, not a huge Amex fan and have a lot of Marriott business spend.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:07 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
I'm with you. Waiting for the Bonvoy dust to clear to see what materializes.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by raehl311
Feb 12 snuck past me... but I had not even realized that Marriott is NOT offering a business card through Chase? Or am I missing something?

Definite downer if so, not a huge Amex fan and have a lot of Marriott business spend.
Multiple blogs announced that the AMEX SPG Personal and the Chase Marriott Business cards would only be open for applications until February 12. So they lasted until Bonvoy was officially launched. Amex now has the Bonvoy Brilliant luxury card, and the Marriott Bonvoy Business card. Chase has the Bonvoy Boundless personal Visa card.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:58 pm

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
Originally Posted by dwcatty
I'm with you. Waiting for the Bonvoy dust to clear to see what materializes.
Same here, probably 1st week of March
Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Jaunts
Multiple blogs announced that the AMEX SPG Personal and the Chase Marriott Business cards would only be open for applications until February 12. So they lasted until Bonvoy was officially launched. Amex now has the Bonvoy Brilliant luxury card, and the Marriott Bonvoy Business card. Chase has the Bonvoy Boundless personal Visa card.
That matches my recollection as well. Was a new Chase biz card discussed at all?

Cheers.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
That matches my recollection as well. Was a new Chase biz card discussed at all?

Cheers.
I think AMEX has the contract for the Marriott Business card now. So there is no Visa Business card anymore.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:24 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by raehl311

Way back in December 2017 Marriott announced that they had signed new contracts with both American Express and Chase.

American Express received the rights to issue super-premium consumer and small business co-branded cards while mass consumer and premium consumer co-branded products would be issued by JPMorgan Chase. Both banks were allowed to issue their current products until 2/12/19. That means Chase still has super-premium consumers (Ritz Carlton) and small business ( Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Business card) and American Express still has a mass consumer product (the old SPG card) but you can no longer apply for them and how long they last is anybody’s guess.

From your comment it sounds as if you already have the Marriott Business card so you should be OK for now.
sdsearch likes this.

Last edited by damon88; Feb 15, 2019 at 10:30 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.