FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Targeted Promotions, 2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1954623-targeted-promotions-2019-a.html)

andersonCooper Feb 5, 2019 10:14 am

Originally Posted by NJNY (Post 30741650)
I'm a US-based Plat with 0 stays so far this year. I have a 2-night stay booked this month, nothing else. And no offer at all.

So I don't think it's just targeting those with less activity.

Makes me feel better about staying with Hyatt. I'll keep Marriott as the second choice only when it's more convenient.

Same here, 2 stays in Jan and no offers at all, current PPE.

About to switch my future business stays to either Hyatt/HH as I don't need 4pm check out anyway. Would probably match or fast track to either.

alc Feb 5, 2019 10:26 am

I hope the Marriott Lurker(s) can come here and comment what should those (like me) that got 3N (no email, nothing in App, and none promo listed on web) should do to get "something" register, whether we like the promo or not... as something is better than nothing. :(

For data point, I am LTP, PPE, 19 nights this year.

l380 Feb 5, 2019 10:35 am

My friend and I are Ambassador and PPE. We got nothing as well.... How disappointing....

I take that no one with these two elite tier got anything?!

margarita girl Feb 5, 2019 10:41 am

Originally Posted by alc (Post 30742231)
I hope the Marriott Lurker(s) can come here and comment what should those (like me) that got 3N (no email, nothing in App, and none promo listed on web) should do to get "something" register, whether we like the promo or not... as something is better than nothing. :(

For data point, I am LTP, PPE, 19 nights this year.

I'm guessing a lot of the people here are legacy Marriott as opposed to legacy SPG. SPG used to run these targeted promos about once a quarter with no rhyme or reason as to who was targeted, at least that we could figure out. Some people would receive 2 targeted promos while others still hadn't received one. Then they had a targeted promo that swept a lot of people who had not been targeted before and was irritatingly called the MeToo promo just to stir the pot a bit more.

So there really is nothing you can do except fume as others get offered great promos while you get none and hope maybe next quarter, you'll be targeted. Lurkers won't be able to help here based on several years of "targeted promo" experience with SPG.

joakgarp Feb 5, 2019 10:41 am

Bit weird to exclude so many members, isn't? Can't remember it was this much back in the SPG days like for example last year.

Shounak Feb 5, 2019 10:45 am

Originally Posted by l380 (Post 30742268)
My friend and I are Ambassador and PPE. We got nothing as well.... How disappointing....

I take that no one with these two elite tier got anything?!

Ambassador with 11 nights this year thus far, with nothing booked until June. No promotion for me!

AndWhatsYourPoint Feb 5, 2019 10:49 am

I'm LTPPE and got nothing.

It would have been nice if Marriott had come out and thanked everyone for sticking with them through that awful merger/transition, and offered any member double points or double nights, their choice, as a thank you promotion. Instead, we get targeted promotions that exclude many of Marriott's best customers.

kaizen7 Feb 5, 2019 10:49 am

Still nothing for me.
Amb with 12 nights so far
got 6 nights booked for feb and march

UKTraveller4Fun Feb 5, 2019 11:04 am

Originally Posted by AndWhatsYourPoint (Post 30742334)
I'm LTPPE and got nothing.

It would have been nice if Marriott had come out and thanked everyone for sticking with them through that awful merger/transition, and offered any member double points or double nights, their choice, as a thank you promotion. Instead, we get targeted promotions that exclude many of Marriott's best customers.

But they think the merger went really well and it didnt cause any issues to people that is worth mentioning!

Keyser Feb 5, 2019 11:21 am

ltppe with ambassador....already have 9 nights this year with another 30+ already booked....got no email & nothing on my promo page....sucks....:(

Dav77 Feb 5, 2019 11:25 am

Nada de nada ...

maybe because i’m Running for Plat challenge?

secretalcoholic Feb 5, 2019 11:26 am

Zilch, Platinum, 12 nights in Jan. Have another 12 nights booked for Feb. SPG.

myperks Feb 5, 2019 11:40 am

Platinum colleague with no nights this year so far and none booked got the 22.5k promo.

another platinum colleague with 8 nights stayed in January got nada.

GoSh4rks Feb 5, 2019 12:14 pm

Nothing here. It's a touch insulting.

slpybear Feb 5, 2019 1:02 pm

Kind of amazing to see the number of people not targeted. I learned a new label... 3N. That's me as well.