Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

What reasonable benefit(s) would you suggest for Bonvoy Ambassador level members?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What reasonable benefit(s) would you suggest for Bonvoy Ambassador level members?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2019, 12:14 am

Two quick questions

1. If I purchase any items from the courtyard marketplace do I get points for that purchase

2. If I purchase any items from the courtyard marketplace does that go toward the $20,000 spend requirement for Ambassador?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 5:19 am
Original Poster

I checked into an (international) aloft today and was welcomed as a platinum member even though the registration form lists me as an Ambassador. Not that it mattered, I asked about it and the front desk rep said, “oh with the new rebranding of the Marriott program, there are different levels of Platinum and you are a Platinum Ambassador”. So maybe hotel training is a reasonable benefit
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 7:02 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by myperks
With the thread on suggestions for the new Marriott Bonvoy Titanium benefits, I thought it would actually good to start one for the new Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador benefits (unless there is one already then please merge). This is because the Ambassador level actually does warrant some additional benefits being that it is revenue-based and not exactly achievable on only 100 nights for regular travelers on sub-$200/night locations. Getting Ambassador status actually takes some loyalty and monetary investment.

Some reasonable benefits are:
* No resort/destination/location fee nonsense for all revenue and award stays
* Breakfast at all locations with no excluded properties
* Vouchers for free (alcoholic) drinks when there is no lounge
* Suite night upgrades confirmable at the time of reservation up to 4 times a year, up to 7 nights each time (similar to Hyatt)
* Supplemental rewards for making 120, 140, 160, 180, 200 nights in a year (additional suite certificates or points or stay certificates)
* Confirmed Your24 if reserved at least 5 days in advance (and late checkout will not apply)
* Actual Ambassador check-in line at all full-service properties whether there is a dedicated line or have flag down a concierge person and say you are an Ambassador member without looking like you are "cutting the queue."

Some unreasonable benefits are:
* Complimentary parking at all locations (definitely not happening in cities like NYC, SF, London, etc.)
* Waiving cancellation fees on prepaid reservations
* Ritz Carlton lounge benefits (because that horse has been beaten to death)
* Free day care for your kids (yes, i've seen someone actually drop their kids off at the lounge and said will be back in 15 minutes)
* Benefits for everyone in your family and then some when you book all their rooms
* Complimentary airport transfers

I'm sure we all will come up with some more REASONABLE benefits and lots of UNREASONABLE benefits. Let it rip.
For me ....
Reasonable benefit I would like to have are :
1. Breakfast benefit - buffet breakfast for all hotel that provide one ... or some decent options if the hotel dont have buffet
St Regis San Francisco type of comp breakfast would be good ...

2. Complimentary lounge access for all hotel that provide one including the Ritz-Carlton.

3. Airport transfer ... this one quite grey area as the cost of providing one is varies greatly between cities and also some hotel relies on 3rd party supplier to provide this service.

Alternatively, if Marriott booking system can support it, create a special Ambassador rate which include these benefits so the hotels are only have to provide this complimentary service on paid stays.

As OP mentioned, Ambassador level tier requires extra commitment from members in terms of time and monetary value.
So its natural if Marriott provide extra benefit for that particular tier.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
I have to say that the check-in benefit is limited. The three hotels where I notice it the most: NYC Sheraton, LA Bonaventure, Westin St Francis. The elite line is often crowded or not staffed. I suppose if the electronic check in worked properly, that would work as well.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kaizen7

Alternatively, if Marriott booking system can support it, create a special Ambassador rate which include these benefits so the hotels are only have to provide this complimentary service on paid
There should be an Ambassador only rate like the FHR or LHC with say:
* 15% off BAR
* full breakfast at all hotels
* special amenity per stay
* lounge access at all hotels that have it or substitute amenity for hotels without lounges.

but then again they can just bake it into the Ambassador benefits and save the 15% off BAR
Old Feb 17, 2019, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by myperks

There should be an Ambassador only rate like the FHR or LHC with say:
* 15% off BAR
* full breakfast at all hotels
* special amenity per stay
* lounge access at all hotels that have it or substitute amenity for hotels without lounges.

but then again they can just bake it into the Ambassador benefits and save the 15% off BAR
I’m sure your Ambassdor could book the luxury privileges rate for you.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 9:39 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I wish Marriott, post integration of Marriott–SPG–Ritz-Carlton, would give a standard 10% or 15% off restaurant and bar purchases.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:06 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by longtimereader firstimeposter

I’m sure your Ambassdor could book the luxury privileges rate for you.
Really? I haven't heard of this being done before...
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Really? I haven't heard of this being done before...
Just plug in LU3 for the corporate / promo and you get the benefits. I’m not sure what would stop them if you asked.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 6:53 pm

Programs: MR rewards
Ambassador Elite not enough benefits !!

1-Free minibar
2-free parking specially in Eroupe
3-No non refundable rates

Any more ?
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:04 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by weld3z
1-Free minibar

Any more ?
They pay you to stay!
Free Meals - all day everyday.
Bottle of Dom upon arrival
Red Carpet
All Front Desk Bow to you
TerryK, CPRich, cfischer and 19 others like this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
They pay you to stay!
Free Meals - all day everyday.
Bottle of Dom upon arrival
Red Carpet
All Front Desk Bow to you
hnewman likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Definitely noise around the edges...
PointWeasel likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by weld3z
1-Free minibar

Any more ?
sorry, you missed by 1 week ... today is 4/8 and not 4/1!
Old Apr 8, 2019, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
4. No resort fees - other programs somehow find a way and haven't gone bankrupt
C17PSGR, EuropeanPete and JBord like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.