Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels at Honolulu/Oahu, Hawaii

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels at Honolulu/Oahu, Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2021, 6:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by johnndor
Good to know... I'm not needing something until end of July, and have something through National reserved at $62/day ($84 total). Add ~$40 for parking, and that's probably cheaper (and more convenient) than shuttles to/from the airport, plus taxi/uber to Pearl Harbor, for 4 people.
I have $54 per day with National next weekend.

I agree, in your situation, renting a car is the right call.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 2:20 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Just an FYI parking at all of the legacy Starwood Kyo-ya properties (both Sheratons, Westin and Royal Hawaiian) is expensive so make sure to factor that in too. Can’t speak for the other hotels.
Old Apr 4, 2021, 9:51 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
You can literally walk directly onto the beach from both the RH and MS. RH is the best by far. Worth it to stay there if beach is a consideration.
And the ongoing sand reclamation project is still down on the southern end. MS/RH are completely unaffected still.
Old May 8, 2021, 10:13 pm

Breakfast

Just wondering prior to COVID, which of Moana Surfrider, Royal Hawaiian, or Sheraton Waikiki was the best in terms of breakfast offerings for Marriott Plat members? Thanks!
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 1:02 am

Royal hawaiian and sheraton wakiki

Has anyone been to either locations recently? What’s the luck on upgrades and using SNA? Any welcome gift amenities?
Old Nov 12, 2021, 10:21 am

Looking for some advice on where to stay next month on a solo-vacation. I have platinum status & am trying to decide where to spend 5 nights while in Waikiki.

I have a preference of having an ocean view, but don't necessarily need to be on Waikiki beach. I haven't been to Waikiki in about 11 years, and last time I was there, I remember the beach being quite chaotic and not necessarily relaxing. I'd also like somewhere that has a solid platinum breakfast & a club (if that's even possible in Waikiki right now?).

Currently, I'm leaning towards doing 3 nights at the Laylow & 2 at the Ritz Carlton Residences (I have a $200 AMEX credit I need to use before the EOY), but am also considering doing 3-4 nights at the Royal Hawaiian & 1-2 at the Ritz or Laylow.

I'm a 30 yo who likes great restaurants and bars, as well as a nice pool to relax by. Any insight on where to stay would be greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 11:58 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by kthpence
Looking for some advice on where to stay next month on a solo-vacation. I have platinum status & am trying to decide where to spend 5 nights while in Waikiki.

I have a preference of having an ocean view, but don't necessarily need to be on Waikiki beach. I haven't been to Waikiki in about 11 years, and last time I was there, I remember the beach being quite chaotic and not necessarily relaxing. I'd also like somewhere that has a solid platinum breakfast & a club (if that's even possible in Waikiki right now?).

Currently, I'm leaning towards doing 3 nights at the Laylow & 2 at the Ritz Carlton Residences (I have a $200 AMEX credit I need to use before the EOY), but am also considering doing 3-4 nights at the Royal Hawaiian & 1-2 at the Ritz or Laylow.

I'm a 30 yo who likes great restaurants and bars, as well as a nice pool to relax by. Any insight on where to stay would be greatly appreciated.
RH has a quiet upscale feel, right on the beach.

Moana Surfrider is my go to hotel. It’s directly on the beach with stunning ocean views.

If you’re OK with a budget hotel, the Sheraton Princess is directly behind the MS and you can still get a beautiful ocean view room. Spend that savings on the food and drinks!

No experience personally at the RCR, but I have heard good things.

If you desire any help at the MS / SP / RH, feel free to DM me.
kthpence and benfro6 like this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 5:34 am

Programs: Marriott LTP
I've got a 2-night stay coming up in Honolulu, and I need to choose between:

Royal Hawaiian
Historic Garden Suite

or

Sheraton Waikiki
Large Luxury, OceanFront, Corner Room

Similar initial rate - SNAs cleared at both properties
First stay in Honolulu

What's your vote?

TIA
Old Dec 6, 2021, 8:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by smokie

Royal Hawaiian
Historic Garden Suite

or

Sheraton Waikiki

First stay in Honolulu

What's your vote?
You don't want that room at the Sheraton. Not a good use of an SNA.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 10:38 am

Programs: DL Gold; Bonvoy Gold; HHonors Diamond; Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
You don't want that room at the Sheraton. Not a good use of an SNA.
Please elaborate
Old Dec 6, 2021, 11:03 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by jalves
Please elaborate
Pretty sure that room is the one with 3 beds.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by smokie

Royal Hawaiian
Historic Garden Suite

or

Sheraton Waikiki

First stay in Honolulu

What's your vote?

TIA
What is more important - a suite/larger living space but no ocean view or a smaller oceanfront view (which can be quite stunning in Waikiki). I also prefer the Edge Pool at the Sheraton - over anything at the Royal Hawaiian.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by jalves
Please elaborate
I’ve been assigned that room to shower in after getting a late check out. Felt like I was in a dorm.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 4:24 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP
Thanks for your advice everyone! We settled on the RH. I’m sure we’ll enjoy the historic property more for our first visit to Waikiki. Don’t plan to be in the room much anyway… so the better view became less important.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 7:05 pm

I read mixed reviews about RH due to some areas being run down. Is there one that’s less run down than others (Laylow, Westin, PK, RH, Sheraton)? I kind of expect hotels to be behind on maintenance due to covid restrictions and the rebound in travel. (Im platinum but don’t expect much for it in HI.) Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.