Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$99,940/nt. What a bargain!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:08 pm

Programs: DL DM
At least you’ll get to clear the annual minimum $20k spending limit to get an ambassador.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:05 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cre95
At least you’ll get to clear the annual minimum $20k spending limit to get an ambassador.
For that kind of money, it should come with an extra 90 elite qualifying nights!
Old Jan 29, 2019, 5:44 am

There might be a MAGA convention there that time period! Or an anti-MAGA convention.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 7:04 am

Its actually $199,880 for two people, which is an extraordinary deal. In reality, this may be a good policy. I am fairly certain that there are at least a few oligarchs who would choose it solely for the bragging rights of paying the most money, just like when they offer $25M over the asking price for a penthouse condo just so their daughter can brag about getting a $100M penthouse for their sweet 16. Prices are always relative, and value is never really a factor for some people.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 6:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, UA 1K
SVR (the code in the timeshare community for this property -- see tugbbs.net for details) is barely worth $124/night, let alone $99K! SVV (the sister property nearby on International Drive) might be worth $125 in the Key West section.

Also, I haven't seen any SPG properties switch their promo channels to Marriott. Maybe they are all waiting for BonVoy. Or maybe they are wishing the merger never happened....
Old Jan 29, 2019, 7:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
So show many nights would one need to stay before it would be cheaper to buy the room or the entire hotel?
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
A hotel in Spain is going for a similar rate in Euros for Christmas 2019. I called them and they said revenue hadn’t realised the rooms yet so they put it this rate - it’s provably to adhere to the Marriott programme rules where rooms may need to be available up to a certain period advance? I don’t why they would have « not available » in the system!
Old Jan 30, 2019, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clsmit
SVR (the code in the timeshare community for this property -- see tugbbs.net for details) is barely worth $124/night, let alone $99K! SVV (the sister property nearby on International Drive) might be worth $125 in the Key West section.
I think that's a bit harsh... The Courtyard/Springhill/Fairfield 0.5 miles north of this property regularly run >$124/night + $15/nt parking fee and isn't even close to being this nice. I'd stay here again without hesitation.

I'm not sure what the time-share buy-in & maintenance fees are for this property. I'd like to know, but wasn't curious enough to entertain sitting through a 90 minute presentation to find out.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Does this rate include breakfast ?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:18 pm

BRG ?
Old Feb 2, 2019, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by s0ssos
BRG ?
This would be more worth it in a program where the BRG would give a discount based on the difference between the hotel program price and the third-party price.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch
This would be more worth it in a program where the BRG would give a discount based on the difference between the hotel program price and the third-party price.
Like any good FT"er, you better believe my first thoughts were, "How can I profit from this?"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.