Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[Unconfirmed] rumor : Bonvoy titanium to get more benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2019, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott premier platinum, Hilton gold

I don't know what this comes from but someone told me that premium platinum(AKA the titanium in the Bonvoy) will get complimentary breakfast in the Ritz-Carlton properties after the new program name have been activated and guaranteed for the suite upgrade if available in all of Marriott properties.

At least, I've already got 2 bedrooms suites upgraded these days in Residence inn and TownePlace.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
The suite upgrades for Titaniums at Ritz Carlton properties is written into the terms already I believe.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 1:04 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by zc881018
... someone told me that premium platinum(AKA the titanium in the Bonvoy) will get complimentary breakfast in the Ritz-Carlton properties after the new program name have been activated ...
Marriott is promoting Marriott Bonvoy with this: "New name. Fresh look. Same great loyalty program."

The press release announced the new program name replacing the three former program names, new names for the top two status tiers, and the end of the SPG app.

There are officially no changes to the benefits that were introduced in August 2018. Complimentary daily breakfast is not a published benefit at the following brands -- not even for Platinum Premier Elite (Titanium Elite):

— Design Hotels
— Edition
— Gaylord Hotels
— Marriott Executive Apartments / ExecuStay
— Marriott Vacation Club / MVC Pulse / Grand Residences by Marriott
— The Ritz-Carlton
— Vistana / Sheraton Vacation Club / Westin Vacation Club

I would not expect any of this to change on February 13, 2019.

I would consider this rumor to be just wishful thinking.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 2:17 pm

Does it matter if they add any more when they’re really just suggestions and hotels do whatever they feel like anyways?
Old Jan 27, 2019, 3:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by sethMCOflyer
Does it matter if they add any more when they’re really just suggestions and hotels do whatever they feel like anyways?
Exactly... I was staying at an LC last night. They recognized I was a PPE but wanted 200 for a suite upgrade since they werent "standard " suites. And I'm a repeat guest at this property.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 3:29 pm

It’s not totally unrealistic to expect that the launch of the new Bonvoy name may bring a few changes (and the occasional enhancement) to the current program. I, for one, suspect BRG/SPG is going to be revamped, but perhaps not for the better. It would be a huge surprise (but not at all impossible) if the breakfast benefit were to be extended to the RC brand, albeit a very welcome one.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
It’s not totally unrealistic to expect that the launch of the new Bonvoy name may bring a few changes (and the occasional enhancement) to the current program. I, for one, suspect BRG/SPG is going to be revamped, but perhaps not for the better. It would be a huge surprise (but not at all impossible) if the breakfast benefit were to be extended to the RC brand, albeit a very welcome one.
I was thinking they were going to remove breakfast as a benefit for all of their luxury level hotels. Although I guess they could go the other way and take it from 50 night status holders and give it (including RC) to 75 night holders.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 4:22 pm

Marriott has already said what is (and isn't) happening February 13. If there were program changes coming that soon, they would have been announced by now.

In the long run, I hope there will be some modifications to bring consistency and simplicity to the Marriott Bonvoy program. It's silly for the program to have differences between Marriott and Sheraton; Ritz-Carlton and St. Regis; Edition and W Hotels; Courtyard and Four Points; and so on. I realize a lot of that is due to existing contracts in place with franchises.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:31 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Horace
Marriott has already said what is (and isn't) happening February 13. If there were program changes coming that soon, they would have been announced by now.
Marriott has made numerous changes to the T&C of the loyalty program since the new program was announced August 18, 2018, with absolutely no notice whatsoever. Some of those changes have watered down the benefits. Why do you believe "If there were program changes coming that soon, they would have been announced by now"?
Old Jan 27, 2019, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by controller1
Marriott has made numerous changes to the T&C of the loyalty program since the new program was announced August 18, 2018, with absolutely no notice whatsoever. Some of those changes have watered down the benefits. Why do you believe "If there were program changes coming that soon, they would have been announced by now"?
What substantive changes have been made to the loyalty program terms & conditions since August 18, 2018?

Yes, I realize there have been minor tweaks, such as clearly excluding the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas from some benefits.

The new program name and the new names for the two top tiers are not substantive changes.

What program features in the terms and conditions — for earning, redemption, and recognition — have been "watered down" since the three programs were combined last August?
Old Jan 27, 2019, 10:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Horace

In the long run, I hope there will be some modifications to bring consistency and simplicity to the Marriott Bonvoy program. It's silly for the program to have differences between Marriott and Sheraton; Ritz-Carlton and St. Regis; Edition and W Hotels; Courtyard and Four Points; and so on. I realize a lot of that is due to existing contracts in place with franchises.
Be careful what you wish for. I'd rather have SPG type benefits in LCs than see them treated like RCs.
Horace, karenkay and EuropeanPete like this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Much more important, it seems to me, is what they're going to call it when they need a level above titanium? Sort of like ATC, -- widebodies are "heavy"; 380s are "super." What will they call it when someone builds an exponentially larger plane? (Yes, I'm intentionally ignoring the fact that market conditions wouldn't support a plane generationally larger than the 380.) "Giganto"? Nah, too many syllables and it doesn't roll off the tongue smoothly. IIRC Concorde had no such special designation in ATC communications.

And why titanium? It's much less costly than platinum. In fact, titanium is often used as a substitute for platinum in rings because it looks more or less the same and is so much easier on the wallet.
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
It is lovely to read these speculations. Frankly, if Marriott wanted to up the benefits for Titanium members they should announce this ASAP, because I am largely booking away from RCs due to the lack of benefits. Sometimes if I can get a good FHR rate I might book an RC, but not otherwise. So, wishful thinking for now. If Marriott makes this change, it will be welcome and likely bring them more business.
GalaxyChris and Dav77 like this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 11:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
And why titanium? It's much less costly than platinum. In fact, titanium is often used as a substitute for platinum in rings because it looks more or less the same and is so much easier on the wallet.
Positively Brilliant! I don't think anyone's even considered the market value or relative merits of metals, etc, up until now, so hopefully we can launch straight into that as a new avenue for public debate.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:24 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
Positively Brilliant! I don't think anyone's even considered the market value or relative merits of metals, etc, up until now, so hopefully we can launch straight into that as a new avenue for public debate.
To be fair, if someone launched a new loyalty program and the levels were gold, silver, titanium, and platinum, would you know what order they go in? I know I wouldn't. I don't understand why no loyalty program seems to use the bronze, silver, gold levels that everyone already understands.
SLC 4217 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.