Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AC Hotel - Kingston, Jamaica [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2019, 3:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Opening June '19. Cat 3.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...gston-jamaica/

"Relax in modern comfort at AC Hotel Kingston, Jamaica. Offering a prime downtown location, we invite you to enjoy staying near all the hustle and bustle of the city. Our Hotel is designed with Spanish roots and European soul, offering an exceptional experience of service; while staying at our Hotel in Kingston you will find a unique combination of quality, modern design, comfort, and authenticity. Each of our rooms proudly features complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, a comfortable bed and plush linens. Once you've rested up, enjoy a draft and craft signature cocktail, or one of our unique selection of beers and wines with small-plate Tapas. If you feel the need to fit in a workout during your stay, our hotel offers a fully equipped fitness center with free weights, cardio equipment, and a power rack. No matter what brings you to Jamaica, enjoy convenience, comfort, and excitement at AC Hotel Kingston."

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Apr 17, 2019 at 2:00 pm Reason: add category...
Old Apr 25, 2019, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I'm booking for a trip to Kingston in August/September. Tentatively have a reservation both at the Courtyard and AC, both on points. I'm only lifetime gold, so no meaningful benefits. I realize this hasn't opened yet so nobody knows for sure, but I'm even more in the dark because I've never been to Kingston, and I've never stayed at an AC hotel. Honestly the location is likely most important to me - everything else is presumably going to be at least good enough at either. Anybody have thoughts/advice? Maybe just hold onto both and wait until some reports come in?
Old Apr 26, 2019, 12:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I'd hold both ressies & wait until reports come in (assuming they do before your stay). If you do decide to stay at the AC, please do a trip report after your stay as it will help other FTers. Thx.

Cheers.
cricketer likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 1:08 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Just got back from award stays at both and highly recommend. Locations for both were excellent with Courtyard getting the nod as its right next to Emancipation Park. However, the view from any of the rooms at AC is not too shabby either – pic below. I was recognize as Lifetime Titanium Elite at both and got a room upgrades, but no breakfast benefit ($10 per day dining credit at AC). Restaurants at both hotels are very pricey. I think breakfast was $21pp for buffet… coffee was $4.75 per cup at Courtyard… madness. Did not have dinner or lunch at either.

The Courtyard as a more established hotel was well run and seem to cater more to of a business crowd and AC at some point I assume will get some of that crowd as well, but they seem to be going for that hip international crowd. The AC as a new hotel (opened the week before my stay) as expected have some growing pains to be worked out – but nothing that can’t be ignored at this point. There is still ongoing construction at the next door convention center, trees being planted etc., but none of that was at all intrusive. AC shares the parking lot with a high end car dealership which in a weird way adds to its upscale feel.

Overall both are excellent hotels and I highly recommend both.

Pic from room on 4th floor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.