Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AC Hotel - Riga, Latvia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Hotel - Riga, Latvia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2020, 10:47 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by allset2travel
MikeyBee has done a great job describing AC Riga. Thanks.

Thought I add some visual to compliment it.

The lobby and breakfast/restaurant

Simple breakfast, but service was good.

I arrived very early in the morning before the room they assigned to me was ready (apparently they've UG'd me). Left luggage with them and went out for a walk. Returned before 11am when they texted me that the room was ready.

I consider my stay being very good (compared to ACs in Spain & Italy which were acceptable). Like the fact that it was new. The staff was courteous and friendly. Quite a few restaurants within walking distance. Prices were more than reasonable (dare I say cheap)!
Thanks for the quick review and I am looking forward to my stay there today. Do you know if they’re able to accept AMEX as a form of payment or not?
Old Jan 19, 2020, 8:49 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Sorry, I did not use Amex or asked the question if they did accept it or not.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 10:19 am

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
Thanks for the quick review and I am looking forward to my stay there today. Do you know if they’re able to accept AMEX as a form of payment or not?
4 weeks ago, they did not.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 8:07 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by dimon84
4 weeks ago, they did not.
Likewise and the excuse from the FDA was that all the banks in the Baltic states don't accept AMEX but the CY in Lithuania does. So that was a bit disappointing to miss out on some points from my AMEX Bonvoy CC but the stay was excellent so I'm not going to complain.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 4:34 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Any luck with upgrades at this hotel?
I’m trying to decide between the AC and the Hilton for a one night stay and the standard rooms at the AC are supposed to be tiny.
But I also don’t want to pay €150 for a junior suite at the AC... It would simply be nice to hit 75 nights again this year for some extra SNAs.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 7:21 am

Programs: DL PM/1 MM, Bonvoy LTT
Just completed a 4-night stay here. Typical AC room with basic furnishings and rooms on the smaller size. Everything was clean and in working order. As a titanium elite, I was upgraded to a junior suite (from a comfort room) after requesting prior to arrival via chat. As an elite member, full breakfast buffet was offered in the restaurant (10 euros otherwise) from 6:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. everyday. Breakfast was not too elaborate, but offered both hot and cold choices, and worked for what I needed. While the location of the hotel was not in Old Town, it was a quick 10-minute walk to get there and the area immediately surrounding the hotel was busy and filled with some good restaurants and bars. Front desk was nice and attentive, but I had previously read about staffing issues at the hotel. This most likely is still the case, as I noticed a few trainees working at the front desk at different times, so hopefully, this will be resolved soon. The front desk was closed from 1 a.m. - 7 a.m. everyday, with the only option to get issues resolved during this time to call the General Manager. I had to be in the lobby at 5 a.m. a couple days and did not see a front desk clerk or security around during this time, which felt strange for a chain hotel and a not-so-small hotel (I think there are about 240 rooms total). Not sure if this will be long-term or just a result of staffing issues, but just something to keep in mind if you are arriving late or need assistance with a cab getting to the airport early in the morning. Overall, I enjoyed my stay and glad to have this as a Marriott option within the city. I would definitely not hesitate to stay here again, especially given the rate I paid (75 Euros/night).
yurtripper likes this.

Last edited by TWToKM; Sep 26, 2022 at 7:28 am
Old Jul 12, 2023, 2:24 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Any recent stays? I have 3 nights booked mid-August.
Old Aug 25, 2023, 8:10 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Great stay and great location

AC Hotel Riga

1 Review | 100% Recommended

AC Hotel Riga

Dzirnavu Street 33 Riga, LV 1010

Great stay and great location (7 Photos)

AC Hotel Riga

Just completed a 3 night stay at the AC Hotel Riga, Latvia, mid-August 2023.

I was a bit worried at first about the location on Google Maps as it was "away" from the main touristy area that is the old town. But it turned out it was great and I would stay in this area again if I returned.

It's near the Jugendstil - Art Nouveau "area" of Riga and there are plenty of good restaurants and bar just downstairs and a block or two away. You can easily walk 15-20min from the hotel to the old town. I even walked from Riga train station (we arrived via Lux Bus from Vilnius), took less than 30min. It's flat and you get to walk through the parks.

Lots of e-scooters for rent also every where, from Bolt. Costs €0.44 per minute I believe so it was about €2-3 to the old town.

We took the tax to the airport around mid-day on a Saturday and it cost us €11-ish, via Bolt again. Bolt is basically the local Uber and it's cheaper than regular taxis and so easy to use.

IMG-8030.jpg

Room

I had room 726 and it was a nice small-ish room but good for solo travelers. Might feel a bit cramped for a couple as there is not that much space to walk around the bed. 

There is desk by the window, a bench to sit on, a coffee machine with capsules ( 3-4 capsules provided per day with sugare and cream and some chocolates.

Safety box using PIN is also available. No real space to store a mid-size luggage though, I had to slide it under the space of the open "closet". 

The bathroom was of a good size and clean. Normal shower head and a "rain" shower with soap, shampoo and conditioner fixed on the wall.

The only thing missing is an iron and board. I see in 2020 it was provided in the room (seen in previous reviews here).

The bed was comfy with enough pillows. Air con was good and working well, kept the room at a nice 21 degrees, not noisy. 

The curtains did a good job keeping the room almost pitch black.

There's a mini bar as well, with mostly non alcoholic drinks and maybe 2 beers. I usually jus remove the items and put my own stuff inside that I get from the supermarket. There is one (Rimi Express) just a few minutes walk away open until 10PM.

IMG-8031.jpgIMG-8032.jpgIMG-8033.jpgIMG-8034.jpgIMG-8035.jpgIMG-8037.jpg

Gym

There is a small gym open 24/7 on the top floor (11th floor) but you access it through the lift on the 10th, then use the stairs. The lift goes to the 11th floor but it takes you to their conference/meeting rooms.

The gym is quite small, with treadmills and some free weights. It does have a nice view over the neighborhood though.

Dining

I did not have breakfast at the hotel or use their restaurant or bar. There are plenty of options on that same street. I had breakfast at Mr Fox just across the street and it was nice. Italian/Seafood, Japanese, local restaurants available around.

Overall

I would definitely stay here again or maybe at the Radisson Blu a few blocks away as they have a sky bar on the top floor with nice drinks and an almost 360 view of the city. Do go there for a drink at sunset!

Again, the location is a bit out of the touristy spot but it's so much better. My friends stayed at the Palace hotel and they complained that the street there was dead after sunset. My other friends stayed at the Pullman and the Radisson Old Town. I think I had the biggest room in size.

Great stay and great location

Would you like to write a review on the AC Hotel Riga?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Feb 8, 2024, 7:19 am

No rebate or discount at breakfast for Marriott Elite members?

I am planning a stay in Riga next month and wrote the hotel asking for breakfast details. This is the reply I received:Dear XXXX

Thank You for Your email!

Breakfast buffet for Marriott Elite members at the AC Hotel Riga is 15.00 euros per person.

If there is anything else we can assist You with, please let us know.

Kind regards,

Madara
Front Office [email protected]O: 371 67331717

AC Hotel by Marriott Riga

Dzirnavu street 33, Riga, LV 1010, Latvia
[img]blob:https://mail.proton.me/061051b6-fae5-463d-ab61-ebd7445223a6[/img]
ac-hotels.com
[img]blob:https://mail.proton.me/8a6c27f1-e15d-4a1c-b758-e778b387e015[/img]
[img]blob:https://mail.proton.me/ef551a39-eb7f-4f50-b6ba-e9767d206002[/img]
[img]blob:https://mail.proton.me/198c4681-d026-43da-8ae5-4337ebe4bee8[/img]
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 5:45 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
With ACs you normally get a $10 credit per person per day, so $20/day credit with 2 guests, which can be used to offset the F&B spend at checkout.
mmogdan likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by yurtripper
With ACs you normally get a $10 credit per person per day, so $20/day credit with 2 guests, which can be used to offset the F&B spend at checkout.
What they are offering is a €2 credit at most!
Old Feb 10, 2024, 9:26 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by puchong
What they are offering is a €2 credit at most!
Flag it with one of the lurkers maybe?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.