Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bonvoy credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:16 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
HIlton Amex Aspire is a much better value--like almost 2x as good as the Bonvoy card
Old May 27, 2019, 9:45 pm

Has anyone had a reward night show up in their account after an anniversary? I have the Bonvoy and Bonvoy biz (both converted from old SPG versions) and I've yet to receive my free night. Charged the fee on April 18 and April 23rd... nothing from Amex. Chat said 4-8 weeks or some similar cover your ... BS.
Old May 27, 2019, 10:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoyed Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by omghaxcode
Has anyone had a reward night show up in their account after an anniversary? I have the Bonvoy and Bonvoy biz (both converted from old SPG versions) and I've yet to receive my free night. Charged the fee on April 18 and April 23rd... nothing from Amex. Chat said 4-8 weeks or some similar cover your ... BS.

It takes another month after your annual - same card.. It sucks..
Old May 28, 2019, 1:29 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
25k Bonus Points for each in $25k spend. Repeatable 4x's. Register by 5/31

I got an email offer from Amex on my Bonvoy card:

25,000 in bonus points for each $25,000 in spend. Bonus can be earned four times.
Register your Card
by 5/31/2019, then use it for everyday spending, travel, and experiences through 12/31/19.

If one puts serious spend on the card, then the offer brings the value equation back to what the old Marriott card used to be. Might be invite-only. Personally, I'm not excited because I stay a lot more at IHG and and Hilton properties, and already have Chase and Amex's $89 to $95 annual fee affinity cards
Old Jul 2, 2019, 12:46 pm

I am titanium but we want to use my wife's 2 free night certificates. Is there any way for me to get my benefits and use her free certs?
Old Jul 10, 2019, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by omghaxcode
I am titanium but we want to use my wife's 2 free night certificates. Is there any way for me to get my benefits and use her free certs?
To answer my own question, I booked it with her account and just emailed the front desk manager and he said he upgraded us because I'm titanium and that we'd get breakfast because of my status. At the front desk, I told the agent that I had spoken to her manager and he said we would get free breakfast. I had the email to show her but she said that was fine and manually added comped breakfast for both of us. Worked out great.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
I upgraded my wife's card from the Marriott Premier to the Boundless last Nov for 50K points. The $85 annual fee that was charged in Oct on the anniversary was refunded in March. I couldn't understand it but I wont complain to get money back. In June, I was charged $95 as the annual fee. That was surprising but fine. However, I didn't see the anniversary night follow. When I reached out to Chase via SM, I was told that for the Boundless Card, the annual fee is now charged in June and the free night is deposited into my Marriott account on my original anniversary date, i.e.Oct.

Is this something new? Previously I have always received the free night within days of the annual fee being charged.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 4:44 pm

Needing Bonvoy referral bonus?

Hello if anyone needs the 20,000 bonus pts from referring a friend contact me at rockhtown at yahoo dot com with Bonvoy Referral in subject
JfromTheBay likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 6:41 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
If you have the personal and business card do you receive two free nights? One for business card and one for personal?
Old Aug 19, 2019, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by cfabar1
If you have the personal and business card do you receive two free nights? One for business card and one for personal?
I would think so. I have 3 Bonbon cards (2 Amex and 1 Chase) and I get 3 free nights.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by cfabar1
Yes,
Old Aug 21, 2019, 3:47 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
New card came in the mail. Butt-ugly, as we knew. Number is ON THE BACK, below the signature line. No embossing. There is a 4 digit code on the front and a 3 digit code on the back
Old Aug 21, 2019, 3:51 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
New card came in the mail. Butt-ugly, as we knew. Number is ON THE BACK, below the signature line. No embossing. There is a 4 digit code on the front and a 3 digit code on the back
Like everyone else's. Is there a problem or issue?
Old Aug 21, 2019, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, Global Entry
My wife has a bonvoy boundless visa card and received an offer to 20k points for a referral. Since I do not have a Bonvoy card we clicked the link and got the link to an invitation for me. I filled out the application and did not see any reason a spouse was not eligible but I got a notice that my application was received and they will let me know of their decision as soon as possible. I was surprised that I did not get instant approval since I have a credit score north of 800 and have never been declined for a credit card. It has now been a week with no further communications. Should I call and find out what the issue is or just wait?
Old Aug 22, 2019, 4:54 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Like everyone else's. Is there a problem or issue?
Just adding another voice to the shouting?

I didn't see any comments about the hard product in this thread. Perhaps I missed it in another thread?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.