Bonvoy credit cards

Old Jan 23, 19, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
Bonvoy credit cards

spg and Marriott credit cards rebranded under bonvoy, now a single brand for all credit cards

https://www.nasdaq.com/article/bonjo...erks-cm1085524
Old Jan 23, 19, 9:41 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB Titanium
No mention on the UK credit cards would like a non-amex option in the UK ...
Zinzan and nequine like this.
Old Jan 23, 19, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
Personally I’m disappointed they are not doing much by way of incentives to get these cards vs keeping Marriott or spg branded cards. I have both a marriot and spg card, won’t be rushing to get a bonvoy card without an incentive
Old Jan 23, 19, 10:24 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
It's now updated here: https://credit-cards.marriott.com/

Luxury becomes Brilliant and adds a $100 specific 2-night rate for Ritz or St. Regis.

Business card annual fee will increase to $125, if you spend $60K you get another voucher
Old Jan 23, 19, 10:48 am

Programs: AA PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlatAmb, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Gold
NEW! $100 Property Credit: With your Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card, receive up to a $100 property credit for qualifying charges at The Ritz-Carlton® or St. Regis® when you book direct using a special rate for a 2 night minimum stay.³

This feels an awful lot like the similar $100 credit on the AMEX Hilton Aspire card. You have to book via a special rate that is typically more expensive, thereby negating the $100 benefit.
Old Jan 23, 19, 11:01 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM, AS MVPG 75K, MR-LT Titanium
This card won't serve me well enough to justify getting it. Besides, I just cancelled my SPG Amex after using it for many years.
Old Jan 23, 19, 11:36 am
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier Ambassador, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by OskiBear View Post
NEW! $100 Property Credit: With your Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card, receive up to a $100 property credit for qualifying charges at The Ritz-Carlton® or St. Regis® when you book direct using a special rate for a 2 night minimum stay.³

This feels an awful lot like the similar $100 credit on the AMEX Hilton Aspire card. You have to book via a special rate that is typically more expensive, thereby negating the $100 benefit.
Yeah, if the “special rate” is more expensive than the regular Marriott member rate, it will be a joke. I often use AAA rates if my corporate rate isn’t available, and if those won’t qualify then it may be time to cancel this card.
KRSW likes this.
Old Jan 23, 19, 11:43 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
The SPG Business lost it’s Lounge Pass, so the AF Increases,,

Profit is not a dirty word.

Free night if you use it,,,wonder how many do not use it..

How many will pay the additional AF..

I CAN GET THE luxury card, but no 75,000 points,,

So they tell me,,
Old Jan 23, 19, 11:45 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by bhrubin View Post
Yeah, if the “special rate” is more expensive than the regular Marriott member rate, it will be a joke. I often use AAA rates if my corporate rate isn’t available, and if those won’t qualify then it may be time to cancel this card.
You can check the rate at RC properties using rate code Z34. It's generally about the same as the BAR, and RC properties don't tend to have heavily discounted rates beyond that, but YMMV.

Originally Posted by OskiBear View Post

Well you can check the rates yourself using the rate code I mentioned above. Don't be pessimistic.
Old Jan 23, 19, 12:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, OW Ruby
Seems that people who upgraded their cards to the luxury card will now be missing out on the 4X 25K promo for 100K bonus points on the regular card.

I'm bummed the luxury card isn't getting this promo
Old Jan 23, 19, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM, BA Gold, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, SPG Plat LT, HH Dia, MGM NOIR, Hertz PC
The design of the Standard Card is a joke. How old are we, 5?

As for the Brilliant: The current Luxury Card allows a full $300 credit vs the Brilliant requires it to be 3x $100 or do I misunderstand something.
cujo2344 likes this.
Old Jan 23, 19, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM, BA Gold, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, SPG Plat LT, HH Dia, MGM NOIR, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Nuhusky View Post
Personally I’m disappointed they are not doing much by way of incentives to get these cards vs keeping Marriott or spg branded cards. I have both a marriot and spg card, won’t be rushing to get a bonvoy card without an incentive
Won't the SPG card just be transferred into the BonVoy Standard or are we grandfathered in?
Old Jan 23, 19, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SPG/Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt/Globalist, Hilton/Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA Platinum,
I have both the Marriott Visa and the SPG Visa...will they just rebrand these for me?
Old Jan 23, 19, 1:46 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: B6 Mosaic, SPG LT Platinum, UA SIlver, VX eleVAte Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX View Post
Won't the SPG card just be transferred into the BonVoy Standard or are we grandfathered in?
Exactly--all the cards are getting rebranded. The only difference is that you can keep the lower level card with AMEX if you either have it now or apply before the cut off date.
Old Jan 23, 19, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco View Post
Exactly--all the cards are getting rebranded. The only difference is that you can keep the lower level adequate for my needs card with AMEX if you either have it now or apply before the cut off date.
There. I fixed your post!

Search this Thread