FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Four Points by Sheraton Danang [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1952163-four-points-sheraton-danang-master-thread.html)

monsieurcumulus Jan 21, 2019 5:13 am

Four Points by Sheraton Danang [Master Thread]

I couldn’t find any info on this hotel on Flyertalk.

TripAdvisor reviews seem quite good.

Anyone stayed there? Planning a 4 nights stay in the area (Danang/Hoi An/Hue) and exploring possibilities

Thanks!

MrM2016 Jan 22, 2019 9:01 am

Yes, back in June when it had just opened and it was still under construction. GF and I loved it.

I literally stumbled upon it on the waterfront in the midst of a nightmare stay in an independent hotel called the Belle Maison. It was not taking bookings when we planned the trip. Given the rates were very low I moved us.

Rooms were to a high standard and we got upgraded to a corner with a view over the waterfront (no suites available because I booked 12 hours earlier). Room service was truly great, up to the standard of Le Meridien Saigon or Chiang Mai and the breakfast buffet spread was also good.

The rooftop pool was my favourite. It has a view over the entire waterfront and cannot be beat.

Only negative is that it is a little north of the busiest beach activities. However, given how cheap Grab is that should not put you off.

The floor below the pool I believe was the spa (still under construction at the time).

Final thing, there is a neat glass elevator at the back of the property which gives you a view across Da Nang as you go up the 20 odd floors.

monsieurcumulus Jan 22, 2019 6:41 pm

Thanks MrM2016!

bschaff1 Jan 24, 2019 4:42 am

I'm booked here this weekend and am really looking forward to trying out this property. I was planning on staying at the Hyatt Regency down the road, but know the beaches aren't nice in January so there was no point in paying the extra $150+ it. Especially when I can make my own club lounge experience with 200,000 VND on some Saigon Special at a convenience store to replace it and be in a location where I'm not limited by transportation options.

puchong Feb 3, 2019 2:05 pm

Does anybody know if there are local restaurants within easy walking distance from the hotel? Also,any public transport available nearby?

MrM2016 Feb 4, 2019 5:47 am

Most restaurants are 10+ minutes walk away, mostly south. As I mentioned above though, Grab is cheap, convenient and reliable. There are more restaurants next to the hotels further south, but your accommodation will be far worse than the Four Points.

LHG Apr 16, 2019 7:59 pm

Any one stay here recently? We have our first two nights in VIetnam booked here in July.
Hoping to to arrange a day trip to Hue as well, if anyone has a name of a local driver (with AC).
TIA

monsieurcumulus Apr 23, 2019 12:43 am

Originally Posted by LHG (Post 31008504)
Any one stay here recently? We have our first two nights in VIetnam booked here in July.
Hoping to to arrange a day trip to Hue as well, if anyone has a name of a local driver (with AC).
TIA

Just finished a stay as a Titanium. Great service!

Was upgraded to Corner Suite with a wonderful view, got free breakfast in restaurant + points, free cocktails at the pool between 5 and 6PM AND a free foot massage at the spa.

The hotel caters a lot of Chinese groups. It was obvious at breakfast as the restaurant filled up in less than 5 minutes. Less obvious at other moments. The spread was extensive from Pho, sushi, pastries, eggs to order, fruits, international dishes, etc.

I would say it’s the best Four Points I’ve ever been to.

Grab is super cheap, as said above. If you plan going a bit further (Bana Hills, Hoi An, etc) I would suggest to book transfers with Klook. You can do it a few hours before and it’s very easy through the app. And cheaper than Grab. The walk to restaurants and other fun part of Danang is 10 to 30 minutes walk.

monsieurcumulus Apr 23, 2019 12:48 am

Shareholder May 10, 2019 8:41 pm

I'll be staying here in October (yes lucked out with that CX F fare glitch) and just wanted a couple of relaxing days before my fights and after seeing a bit more of the country. Sounds like this will be a good choice, though I'm now just a lowly Bonvoy Gold after many years (but not enough) as an SPG Plat. Just curious about the trip to/from the airport.

puchong May 10, 2019 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder (Post 31088861)
I'll be staying here in October (yes lucked out with that CX F fare glitch) and just wanted a couple of relaxing days before my fights and after seeing a bit more of the country. Sounds like this will be a good choice, though I'm now just a lowly Bonvoy Gold after many years (but not enough) as an SPG Plat. Just curious about the trip to/from the airport.

You can take a taxi from the airport OR if you load the Grab taxi app on your phone in advance, you could simply hail a Grab cab which will probably save you about 15% on the taxi fare.

Potreroflyr May 22, 2019 3:08 pm

Stayed here late last year and have to agree with the other posters — this may be the best Four Points ever. Friendly staff, happy hour, nice Titanium recognition. Airport is pretty close — like a 10-15 minute ride and was pretty cheap with Grab (like maybe $4-5 IIRC). Going to be there again next week (thanks Cathay!) :)

LHG May 25, 2019 1:29 pm

Any idea what platinum members are offered?

margarita girl May 25, 2019 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by LHG (Post 31138146)
Any idea what platinum members are offered?

Check out post #8 . It was a month ago.

Platinum and Titanium should be treated very similarly.

Potreroflyr May 29, 2019 6:39 pm

Quick update: the happy hour is now one-hour free flow daily whenever you want. Still select from a special menu — several beers, wines and a couple of cocktail choices (mojitos!).

Also at breakfast there’s a “private dining room” for Platinum/Titaniums...avoiding the crowds of (largely Korean) tourists. And there’s sparkling wine here.

Service is still very good/charming AND they have promos for their one-year anniversary — 50% off a la carte dining and hotel rooms as low as $1/night thru mid-June (I checked the calendar and saw one night available — tonite — but more days could open up, I guess)