Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Many Points Will I Earn?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2019, 10:38 am
Original Poster

How Many Points Will I Earn?

I have the SPG Luxury card and have an upcoming stay at the St Regis Punta Mita. The Luxury card provides 6 points per dollar spent at the hotel. The card also grants me Gold status. Do I not also earn 10 points per dollar spent during the stay?
So am I correct in saying that I will receive 16 points per dollar at the resort?
Old Jan 20, 2019, 12:49 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by milemonkey
I have the SPG Luxury card and have an upcoming stay at the St Regis Punta Mita. The Luxury card provides 6 points per dollar spent at the hotel. The card also grants me Gold status. Do I not also earn 10 points per dollar spent during the stay?
So am I correct in saying that I will receive 16 points per dollar at the resort?
Since you are gold you will earn 12.5 points for each dollar charged to the room, and if you settle the charges with your card you will earn an additional 6 points per dollar, with those points also being earned on taxes, fees, etc that do not earn the 12.5 points per dollar. Ignoring those taxes and fees, you will earn 18.5 points per dollar spent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.