Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[How to find] My Marriott Bonvoy Status Expiry date ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[How to find] My Marriott Bonvoy Status Expiry date ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2019, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by naumank
Is it possible that this year's soft landing is you get to keep your previous higher status to compensate for all the screw-up by Marriott IT?
That would be giving a lot of credit to Marriott. Let's see if they play catch up later in the year and demote those that did not earn their status when they get around to it.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 12:41 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Heard within the week is when they’re targetting next wave of downgrades..
Old Mar 1, 2019, 12:44 pm

Today on Mar 1 2019, my 'Overview' and mobile 'Member Card' still indicates old status..contradicting with message :
"Now It’s Personal Enjoy exclusive Ambassador Service through January 2019."

Old Mar 1, 2019, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by cozysuite
Today on Mar 1 2019, my 'Overview' and mobile 'Member Card' still indicates old status..contradicting with message :
"Now It’s Personal Enjoy exclusive Ambassador Service through January 2019."

in Marriott’s defense, your posts applies to February because that message should have been there as well.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Xeno
I am in this camp and thought such things would be clarified today.

I need to know soon what is going to happen because if I lose PT then I am going to burn points and look around. However, if I keep PT I will change points reservations to paid reservation and try to requalify for next year.
Since you get credit for award stays, my standing advice is, unless you have an aspirational stay you are planning, BURN YOUR POINTS NOW. With all the devaluation going on they will never be worth as much as they are today. Everyone needs to determine their risk tolerance level and plan to that.
Xeno likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 3:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by silverforumsurf
Heard within the week is when they’re targetting next wave of downgrades..
Heard from where? Seems like someone is constantly hearing such things.
EdV likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 6:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards, SPG, Hyatt Gold Passport
FWIW, part a reply from SPG Customer Service back in January:

(I earned Marriott Gold back in 2017 and was converted to Platinum post SPG acquisition)
"I can tell you that it does not appear that you earned Platinum Status in 2018. By viewing your activity, it appears you will be soft landed on March 1, 2019. "

Still showing Platinum now. IT teams usually do deployments and batch runs Friday nights/over the weekend, so if status stays put come Monday, it seems more likely based on customer service's email that they are delayed. I doubt they will purposely extend status another year.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 8:55 am

Same boat as Micahel but sadly, I was downgraded today (Sunday, March 3) from Platinum to Gold. I have 5 reservations coming up so it will be interesting to
see what category the hotels see me as.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: Lots
Same here, downgraded today, Plat to Gold

2 upcoming reservations next week. Wondering the same.

Last edited by blanka; Mar 3, 2019 at 10:21 am
Old Mar 3, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I got demoted today so that clarifies my plans going forward. I am in ATL B and will start adjusting my reservations.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:00 am

Programs: United 1k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum....for now
Still marriott platinum

I am one of those Marriott elites who acquired the status via my 1k status with United. My Marriott gold rolled over to platinum with the merger of marriott/spg and my understanding was that I would be downgraded to back gold at the end of January. I realize this has been discussed to some extent already but here it is March 3 and I’m still Platinum. Any new news or feedback?
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by Suziesbuddy
I am one of those Marriott elites who acquired the status via my 1k status with United. My Marriott gold rolled over to platinum with the merger of marriott/spg and my understanding was that I would be downgraded to back gold at the end of January. I realize this has been discussed to some extent already but here it is March 3 and I’m still Platinum. Any new news or feedback?
dont be disappointed when Marriott IT catches up at some point. Consider yourself lucky if it sticks. Lots got downgraded over in the United forum.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Still showing as having an Ambassador through Jan 2020 (not even close on spend last year)...amusing
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Would it make a difference where you obtained the Platinum/Titanium status originally (i.e. either SPG or Marriott's end)?
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by lovemc
Would it make a difference where you obtained the Platinum/Titanium status originally (i.e. either SPG or Marriott's end)?
Some people who got the plat from Chase Ritz last year are downgraded to GOLD today. We did the plat challenge June 2018 and ours is still titanium.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.