Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Say Hello to Marriott Bonvoy, launches Feb 13, 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
New Tier Names. This applies to Lifetime naming as well.

Platinum Premier Elite becomes Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite . (75 nights)
Platinum Premier Elite with Ambassador becomes Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite. (100 nights + $20,000 spend)
Print Wikipost

Say Hello to Marriott Bonvoy, launches Feb 13, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2019, 11:10 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
I'm consistently getting a red "Request failed: Bad request (400)" banner error message at the top of the screen when starting up the new app.
I still have this problem even after deleting and reinstalling Marriott's malware.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 3:42 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Just checked in at the Renaissance Savery Des Moines where the front desk agent greeted me as a "Titanium Elite Premier US Member"...whatever that means.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CMK10
Just checked in at the Renaissance Savery Des Moines where the front desk agent greeted me as a "Titanium Elite Premier US Member"...whatever that means.
I think that I have the same status but am not certain since I have not Bonvoyed since that became the system. Just what does it appear to you that it means?
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:24 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
i Think the meaning is pretty self explanatory.
arcticflier likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hotelboy

i Think the meaning is pretty self explanatory.
Not at all. We know what SPG Platinum meant. We know what Marriott Platinum meant. We sure do not know what Titanium means after the inevitable status devaluations that have almost always followed mergers in the travel industry.

Until one has "Bonvoyed" a few times and seen what he gets, despite the promises from the supplier, it is still mostly unknown.
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:08 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
First Stay After Bonvoy Launch

Well, I just made my first stay after the switch to Bonvoy. Can I say that the use of black on everything makes it REALLY hard to find your room keys in your room, especially if the furniture is also black or a dark color. The wording on the keycard is also a tint of black so its as if it in a cloaking field.

Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:15 am

I'm curious as to why they specified "US Member".
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:19 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Like you, I'm a fan of practical over fashionable, but I do think it looks kind of sharp.
KRSW, Twickenham, Antarius and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JBord
Like you, I'm a fan of practical over fashionable, but I do think it looks kind of sharp.
I agree. They look slick.
kaizen7 likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 10:19 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Is anyone having issues with the cards not working very well? My sample size is too small to really reach any conclusions, but I seem to find it a lot more difficult to unlock doors than usual at the moment.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 10:23 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by Ord Liza
I'm curious as to why they specified "US Member".
I've noticed from the app that we seem to be separated into "US members" and "international members" - you see it on the phone numbers and I've seen references to it in some communications. Maybe it also comes up on MARSHA?

For me, this kind of thing really irrationally winds me up, even if it actually makes no difference.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 11:16 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
While every property since Bonvoy launched has recognized me as "ambassador," including some properties that just a couple days before the launch recognized me as "platinum," it is still too early to tell how most properties will recognize ambassador. It disappoints me that Marriott didn't use the new program launch to differentiate ambassador from titanium. Properties still refer to the breakfast benefit as the "platinum breakfast" even for ambassador guests. Platinum is now the third-highest elite status. It's the old gold.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Is anyone having issues with the cards not working very well? My sample size is too small to really reach any conclusions, but I seem to find it a lot more difficult to unlock doors than usual at the moment.
none for me. I keep it in my wallet and just hold my wallet up.

no noticed change between cards.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by JBord
It's all fine and dandy until you place the key and the sleeve, which is also black BTW on top of the black dresser and you spend 15 min looking for it.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I did have to tap it couple of times for both the elevator, my room and the concierge lounge.
EuropeanPete likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.