Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Windsor Downtown - Canada [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Cat 3. Opening May '19. Hotel website:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...dsor-downtown/

"Elevate your travel experience with a refreshing stay at Four Points by Sheraton Windsor Downtown. Ideally located, our hotel is situated in the heart of downtown Windsor near popular destinations such as Caesars Windsor, St. Clair College Centre for the Arts and Festival Plaza, home to Detroit Freedom Festival. Arrive at our hotel and seek the comfort of our serene rooms. Our plush bedding offers a perfect place to kickback and watch your favorite Netflix shows on our Smart TVs before drifting off to sleep. In the morning, start your day off on the right foot and prepare an energizing cup of joe with your in-room Keurig coffee maker. If business brings you to Canada, seamlessly host a corporate conference or networking event in one of our three modern event venues. Our professional coordinators will plan a memorable meeting with our custom catering services, AV equipment and versatile floor plans. Whether in town for business or pleasure, enjoy a balanced stay at Four Points by Sheraton Windsor Downtown."

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Mar 15, 2019 at 6:32 pm
Old Jan 4, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, MR Gold, Aeroplan 25K
This was a long time Holiday Inn. Back in the day Ouellette was quite the party area with many 19 and 20 year olds coming over from Detroit to take advantage of the lower legal drinking age. The USA requiring passports at the border mostly put an end to that.
Old May 28, 2019, 8:43 pm

4 Points Windsor delays rebranding , won't honour points booking

I made a reservation for 2 nights at the 4 Points Windsor Ontario back in early Feb for next Monday at 12500 points/night

Today I received an email from the Sunbridge Windsor:

Dear Guest,

We are contacting you with updated information regarding your upcoming reservation with Four Points Downtown Windsor prior to June 18, 2019. For the time being our hotel continues to be the Sunbridge Hotel and Conference Centre, which is not a Marriott owned property. As such, if you booked a stay with BonVoy reward points we are unable to redeem these points.

Our renovations continue as we will soon be a Four Points by Sheraton. If you wish to book with our hotel knowing that we are not a Marriott property, we will be more than happy to process your request. Simply reply back to this email and we will respond with a confirmation number for your stay with us.

If you choose not to stay with us, you will need to contact Marriott to cancel your reservation. We do not yet have access to reservation systems, as we are not yet a Marriott property. Should you wish to stay at a Marriott hotel during your stay to Windsor, the Towneplace Suites is also located downtown.

We very much apologize for any setback to your travel plans. Once we are a Four Points by Sheraton, we hope to welcome you here for the memorable guest experience you were anticipating.
I have to say that notification 6 days prior to arrival for a reservation that was made several months ago does not encourage me that it is the sort of establishment that will give me a memorable guest experience.

I have heard nothing from Marriott regarding this and my reservation remains unchanged in my Bonvoy account. The only Marriott option in Windsor is the TownePlace Suites at 17,500pts per night -in Feb when I booked the 4 Points the TownePlace was 12500pts/night but it went up in the Feb category changes.

Would Marriott CS likely switch the reservations at the quoted 12500pts/night from the now not quite yet 4 Points to the TownePlace Suites?
Old May 28, 2019, 9:07 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Would Marriott CS likely switch the reservations at the quoted 12500pts/night from the now not quite yet 4 Points to the TownePlace Suites?
Doubtful, but it can't hurt to call and ask.
Old May 31, 2019, 7:23 am

So , Marriott did come though and rebooked me at the TownePlace Suites and refunded the extra 10000pts that would have been charged for the 2 nights.

This was after me sending an email to the hotel expressing my displeasure with the lack of resolution on their part for such a short-notice cancellation. Their only offer was a room at the rack rate. Given that it seems that the same management will continue when it becomes a 4 Points I don't think I will be staying there during my 3-4 visits to Windsor a year. They clearly have no clue about acceptable customer service.
Old May 31, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
So , Marriott did come though and rebooked me at the TownePlace Suites and refunded the extra 10000pts that would have been charged for the 2 nights.
Sweet!
Old Jan 23, 2020, 9:11 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Stayed here a while back (summer) and the hotel was fine. Good enough location in DT windsor. A little far from Caesars which is sorta the only thing going there at night other than some hiphop bars which was cool too.

Rooms were fine everything was fine, your normal small city downtown fourpoints. I never had breakfast or used the fine bar on that floor. However I left very expensive noise cancelling headphones in the room after checkout, and they were recovered and mailed back to me! I thought they were as good as gone.

I forget the parking situation but I say park on the street. I parked my car on the street on a saturday at 1000hrs, i completely forgot it was paid parking that day, and I think I only got ticketed at 1620hrs or something. and the fine was $25 and i think the entire day would have cost me 1 doll hair an hour until 5pm or something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.