Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Planning for Changeover to Peak/Off-Peak Rewards Rates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2018, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott LT Titanium, '20 Ambassador

I have a few family trips planned for the first half of 2019 and haven't earned enough points to cover all of them at the current redemption rates. Was hoping I could benefit from the new off-peak reward dates as I'm certainly not hitting peak tourism locations/dates, but I also figure the peak dates will be pretty widespread based on the merger changes so far. That said, there seems to be little/no official communication about the peak/off-peak timing or how it might impact existing reservations:

Do we know exactly when the peak/off peak rewards rates will be implemented?
Any way to predict if certain dates will become peak or off peak?
If we book a reservation on rewards points now using the points advance, will it still be honored at the (original) lower rate if days become peak when trying to apply e-certificates after earning points?
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:29 pm

Marriott Peak / Off-Peak introduction date?

-----

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:32 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.