Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Need advice: South of Thailand, 5n stay at a beach hotel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need advice: South of Thailand, 5n stay at a beach hotel

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2019, 4:03 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by SHLTP
Vana Belle is fabulous. Just fabulous.

I have not stayed at Renaissance but have at JW next door. Nice. You can't go wrong but VB is special, nicer beach and better location (tucked away and quiet but close to activity if wanted) while beach and location of.Ren not great.
I would agree that the beach at the Renaissance isn't impressive.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 4:17 am

Not the most luxurious, not the best service, not the best facilities (nor pool access rooms) - but for some reason I always really enjoy my stays at the Le Meridien Phuket.

1. It is an old property so the hard product can feel dated
2. It is an old property which means that it was able to nab one of the best beachfront locations in Phuket. It is tucked away by a stunning beach with soft sand and beautiful waves.
3. It is an old property which means its F&B options are tried and tested and are delicious.

Plenty of kids there (many of them from Russia) - affordable cocktails and comfortable rooms. If Phuket is still an option on your list and utmost luxury is not a "must", I would recommend this resort for a good ol' Thai style R&R.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 4:56 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Delta Diamond
Which Bonvoy for Thailand honeymoon?

Hi all!

I'll be using my points to send my little sister and her new husband on their honeymoon in October and would love to tap into the collective knowledge of this group. They are looking for a beach hotel with luxurious rooms, a nice pool, and a great in-house spa. I'd love to keep it at or under 60k points per night. Which Bonvoy properties would you recommend for great luxury without breaking the points bank?

Thank you!
Old Jul 9, 2019, 5:31 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
The Library or the Ritz Carlton are your obvious bets based on those criteria. The Library is cool, modern and centrally located, the Ritz Carlton a bit more of a retreat.

If you are are willing to pay for upgrades, Naka Island is an alternative choice so long as you don’t leave them in the apartment block base rooms.

If you could manage the cat 8 budget, your description screams Vana Belle to me. The JW Khao Lak is the other potential, but I’ve never been there so no comment from me...
Old Jul 9, 2019, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
W Koh Samui. It’s over your budget but you could offset that with a reasonably priced Bangkok hotel (points or paid) for a couple of nights (if they haven’t been to BKK before).
Old Jul 9, 2019, 6:09 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Vana Belle is what you want for sure. But it is now cat 8.

Naka Island, even if you get out of the base rooms, the rooms are less luxurious.

Old Jul 9, 2019, 8:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by flymeawayhome
I'll be using my points to send my little sister and her new husband on their honeymoon in October and would love to tap into the collective knowledge of this group. They are looking for a beach hotel with luxurious rooms, a nice pool, and a great in-house spa. I'd love to keep it at or under 60k points per night. Which Bonvoy properties would you recommend for great luxury without breaking the points bank?
You might want to consider somewhere with better weather in October. Second rainiest month of the year in both Samui and Phuket.

Weather aside, I agree Vana Belle is the obvious choice. The Renaissance Phuket also gets excellent reviews and is well within your points budget. Though it's certainly a class below VB.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 9:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
delete

Last edited by SHLTP; Dec 22, 2019 at 11:46 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.