Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Fairfield Inn & Suites Kathmandu Nepal [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...ott-kathmandu/

Cat 3.

"The Fairfield by Marriott Kathmandu welcomes leisure and business travellers to Nepal with a winning combination of space, style, and functionality. Our hotel caters to both long- and short-term stays here in Thamel, the real heart of Kathmandu with convenient access to Pashupathinath temple, Swayambhunath Stupa and Garden of Dreams. Stretch out in one of our comfortable guest rooms, which are filled with helpful perks like high-speed Internet, pillow top mattresses, flat-screen TVs, and spacious work desks. Start your morning in Thamel with a cup of coffee from your in-room coffee maker, or head down to Kava, our hotel restaurant, for a delicious buffet breakfast. Those hosting meetings here in Kathmandu, Nepal can make use of our two well-equipped meeting rooms, as well as our professional planning and catering services. And be sure to treat yourself to a workout in the hotel gym. An exceptional experience awaits you at the Fairfield by Marriott Kathmandu"

GRAND OPENING OFFER - NPR 1500 HOTEL CREDIT!
Enjoy Nepal's first Marriott Hotel Grand Opening Offer. Book now and enjoy a credit of NPR 1500 per night. Hotel credit can be spent on room upgrades, dining , room and laundry service. Limited Period Offer.

Includes complimentary in-room Wi-Fi access and a hotel credit of 1,500 NPR.

Reservations
Be sure that promotional code NEW appears in the Corporate/Promotional code box when making your online reservation, or call 1-800-102-5000 in the US and ask for promotional code NEW. For toll-free numbers outside the US please click here.
Valid through: December 31, 2017
Promotional Code: NEW

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Jun 1, 2017 at 4:28 pm
Old Jun 1, 2017, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

It's now officially open. Marriott press release:

http://news.marriott.com/2017/06/mar...ott-kathmandu/

Obviously it's a step up from most FFIs since it has a bar & restaurant.

"The hotel offers 115 smart, straightforward and thoughtfully appointed rooms. Kava, the all-day dining restaurant, serves local, Indian and international cuisine. Meanwhile, Kava – The Bar and lobby lounge is a lively spot offering freshly brewed coffee and an array of cocktails in the evening. he hotel also features The Market, a unique 24/7 convenience store within the hotel, where guests can purchase snacks and beverages at any time of the day."

Look forward to first trip report!

Some photos:

Old Jun 1, 2017, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Old Jun 1, 2017, 11:28 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Surprise this one is branded as a FFI. Looks more like a FS Marriott.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 5:42 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by mediator
Surprise this one is branded as a FFI. Looks more like a FS Marriott.
+1 or a non-Americas CY.

--Jon
Old Sep 8, 2017, 10:54 pm

Programs: AA lifetime platinum; Hyatt diamond;
I am also curious why it's called fairfield instead of fairfield inn. Is the word "inn" taken out on purpose?
Old Sep 10, 2017, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I have a booking here in early October. It will be my first Fairfield stay.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tai4de2
I have a booking here in early October. It will be my first Fairfield stay.
Please do a trip report after your stay. Also, from the pictures this is definitely not the typical FI that you see/experience in the US.

Cheers.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 2:21 am

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Ok I’m here now. It’s off a small dusty lane that seems to be sorta like Thamel’s “eye of the storm”.

Checked in online, room was ready for me when I arrived at 1:45 pm.

Room is small but functional. There’s a room safe and a good array of plugs including usb plugs. WiFi is about 2.5mbps. A/C doesn’t function without a keycard to juice up the room, which I predict is going to be a problem because it’s 90deg F and the a/c even on high isn’t too cold.

Platinum status recognized. No upgrade since all he rooms are the same, but got 200 points and free breakfast (maybe free for everyone? Dunno.)

I would be happy to post pics but it looks like I’d need to find a hosting service to do so? More effort than I will invest right now.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 5:14 am

There is a largish construction project going on immediately adjacent to the hotel. I’ve been told it’s “the Sheraton” and that there’s another Marriott branded hotel going up somewhere else which the hotel gal referred to as the “big Sheraton”. I don’t know enough about SPG brands to try to interpret that.

Fortunately I really can’t hear any of it in my room, which is good because there’s jackhammering etc.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Two key cards...

Originally Posted by tai4de2
Ok I’m here now. It’s off a small dusty lane that seems to be sorta like Thamel’s “eye of the storm”.

Checked in online, room was ready for me when I arrived at 1:45 pm.

Room is small but functional. There’s a room safe and a good array of plugs including usb plugs. WiFi is about 2.5mbps. A/C doesn’t function without a keycard to juice up the room, which I predict is going to be a problem because it’s 90deg F and the a/c even on high isn’t too cold.

Platinum status recognized. No upgrade since all he rooms are the same, but got 200 points and free breakfast (maybe free for everyone? Dunno.)

I would be happy to post pics but it looks like I’d need to find a hosting service to do so? More effort than I will invest right now.
...one left in the slot while you are out....will solve the a/c problem.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by angelsun
I am also curious why it's called fairfield instead of fairfield inn. Is the word "inn" taken out on purpose?
Marriott is in the process of rebranding Fairfield Inn to just Fairfield
The new logo is at the end of some TV commercials
Old Oct 8, 2017, 5:37 am

The construction project next-door could possibly become a serious problem for months or even years to come. I’m on the seventh floor of the Fairfield and can sometimes hear construction noise. They’re only working on the ground floor of the new building. If the new building were taller I think the noise situation would be a disaster.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 3:15 am

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
I stayed here for four nights over Columbus Day weekend. The property feels much more upscale than Fairfields in North America, with a full service restaurant and bar. And I found the staff members with whom I dealt to be uniformly gracious and helpful. The property is extremely well-located, in Thamel, essentially next door to the Garden of Dreams, a very restful European-style garden. Kathmandu Durbar Square is about a 20-30 minute stroll from the Fairfield. There's a makeshift taxi stand at the head of the lane leading to the hotel. I was able to negotiate rides within Kathmandu for between 400 and 500 Rupees, including to the airport. I used the hotel car to transfer from the Airport to the hotel (US$20), knowing I'd be arriving before checkin and hoping the hotel would have a room ready when I arrived; my plan worked. I was immediately checked into my room at noon as numerous other guests waited in the lobby (very comfortable, by the way) for their rooms to become available. Complimentary buffet breakfast appeared to be offered to all guests. There are a number of Asian and Western options on the buffet, and the chef will prepare egg dishes and pancakes upon request. As mentioned before, the rooms are on the compact side, but still plenty of space for me. And besides, who goes to Nepal to hang out in their room? WiFi was fast and free to all Marriott Rewards members. There were plenty of universal outlets and two USB ports adjacent to the desk. There were also universal outlets on both sides of the bed. The construction continues to be ongoing, but my north-facing room on the seventh floor was quiet. The photos SkiAdcock posted accurately reflect the hotel's look.
IndyHoosier and MaxVO like this.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.