Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Checked in, and one bed completely soaked with urine!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Checked in, and one bed completely soaked with urine!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2018, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by lrbenko
Please read above. Not sure how the story is "suspicious"? I even took pictures.
No question O0 got a welcome ammenity. Have you received any response yet from SPMarriott? I'm surprised it's taking them this long, especially for an elite like yourself?! Sure they need to investigate but the photo by itself should be proof that you didn't get sufficient service.

-James
Old Dec 26, 2018, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exe Platinum, AA & Delta Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, United Silver
Originally Posted by j2simpso
No question O0 got a welcome ammenity. Have you received any response yet from SPMarriott? I'm surprised it's taking them this long, especially for an elite like yourself?! Sure they need to investigate but the photo by itself should be proof that you didn't get sufficient service.

-James
Hi James. I have not received any further update from SPMarriott. Maybe due to the holidays? I'll update as soon as I can. Thanks
Old Dec 26, 2018, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
I would have been worried that by leaving it until the next morning they might have thought it was me that did it!
Old Dec 26, 2018, 1:33 pm

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
At the other end of the spectrum...I would have gone ballistic. Probably demanded another hotel and that they pay for it, dry cleaning for the clothes, and who knows, therapy.. I think you should be incensed...not because the bed had gotten wet, stuff happens, but because they had a chance to find and fix it before you even got there and they didn't. What else in a hotel room really matters at anything like the level of the bed?
lrbenko likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exe Platinum, AA & Delta Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, United Silver
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
I would have been worried that by leaving it until the next morning they might have thought it was me that did it!
LOL, I called the front desk that night to let them know. They didn't offer a replacement room, and it was past midnight, so I assumed there was no other room available.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orca15
At the other end of the spectrum...I would have gone ballistic. Probably demanded another hotel and that they pay for it, dry cleaning for the clothes, and who knows, therapy.. I think you should be incensed...not because the bed had gotten wet, stuff happens, but because they had a chance to find and fix it before you even got there and they didn't. What else in a hotel room really matters at anything like the level of the bed?
I agree with you that they had the chance to find and fix it before I got there. I think it was just blatant negligence or just zero care from the housekeeping staff. But it was the managements response that bothered me and prompted me to start this post. It was treated so casually I wondered if it happens a lot, or should I have reacted/demanded something different?
Old Dec 26, 2018, 3:33 pm

Doesn't the last paragraph say that you're prohibited from posting the email?
Can't people read anymore? The legalize invites "personal use by the intended recipient." Posting is "personal use by the intended recipient" as he is a person, he was the intended recipient and he used it to post it. Generally this sort of legalize is of limited enforcibility, but in this situation the actions were even prohibited.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K 510k miles, DL 600,000 lifetime
Originally Posted by lrbenko
LOL, I called the front desk that night to let them know. They didn't offer a replacement room, and it was past midnight, so I assumed there was no other room available.
Never assume. Make them make it right. Creepy shivers crawling up my back reading this thread.
t
Old Dec 26, 2018, 7:23 pm

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
Wow, this is crazy. I can't believe you don't just walk away from Marriott over this.

Next time try Hampton Inn... 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is real. You can be dissatisfied with any little thing and get a night comp. Once housekeeping didn't come during my stay and when I went to the desk to ask for towels they comped the night on the basis that I couldn't have been 100% satisfied if I had to ask for towels.

Urine soaked bed, 5000 points? I would leave and never come back.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 7:35 pm

Just spotted this whilst logging in to my SPMarriott account:

Here's to hoping SPMarriott gets back to you before the year is over. On a side note, if they don't get back to you by the New Year, I would encourage you to follow up with them. Worse case you can call them out on social media if it's the middle of the month and they haven't done anything.

After re-reading the email I'm worried that they haven't gotten the picture of the significance of what you experienced. Clearly, if this accusation is true, it's nowhere near the high standards SPMarriott sets and its appalling if management doesn't care!

Safe Travels,

James
lrbenko and HollyGlen like this.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 8:36 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
Just got off the plane from Japan and cringe as I read this. I can imagine the disgust to jump onto a bed and the back and your undershirt start soaking wet in someone else's urine.

I agree with majority of the posts thinks reasonable

1) apology from hotel and hotel show sincerity by self reporting to related health authorities on violation.
​​​​2) immediately a different upgraded room
3) the stay is free and food/drinks is on the hotel
​​​​during your stay
4) enough points for a free night stay in the same catagory hotel in Marriott to replace this experience.
PointWeasel, lrbenko and HollyGlen like this.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by j2simpso
I could see it now, title of the review "Urine Trouble Springhill"
Is the hotel called “SpringHill Suites Denver North/ Westminster” on TripAdvisor? If yes, I believe management has requested to TA the removal of the review as I don’t see it anymore...
lrbenko likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 5:26 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Central90210

Is the hotel called “SpringHill Suites Denver North/ Westminster” on TripAdvisor? If yes, I believe management has requested to TA the removal of the review as I don’t see it anymore...
Was there ever one?
Old Dec 27, 2018, 8:29 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
I am thoroughly impressed with the OP's demeanor through all this. They must be a practitioner of transcendental meditation or something similar. The thought of jumping into bed and then realizing I am laying in someone else’s urine would unleash a fury that would most likely end with the police being called. Somethings can be brushed aside ex: a used towel from a previous guest left hanging, a few drops of urine on the toilet seat, heck, even a small stain on the bed sheets I could get over. However having a bed with still wet urine on it raises it to a whole new level. Marriott corporate should have already comped the night and sent a $1000 Marriott gift card, with a hand written apology from the GM of the offending hotel.
lrbenko and strickerj like this.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GoPhils

Was there ever one?
No, I have not written a review on TripAdvisor yet. I am trying to give Marriott the opportunity to make things right before I post the review.
strickerj likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.