Marriott Points Clawback ?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2018, 1:04 am
Original Poster
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Marriott Points Clawback ?

Dear forum members,

I suspect that Westin Resort Nusa Dua has clawed back points from my 2 day stay.
24hrs after checkout my account reflected a credit of 12,000points of which 8,000 was bonus (2,000 megabonus + 6,000 service recovery/others)
4 days later, it showed corrected amount of 6,000 points total of which 2,000 was bonus (megabonus)

I called Marriott and was advised that a modification was done by the hotel.
Upon confronting the hotel, I am told that they do not have the ability to remove points from a member and that upon investigation, the points were added wrongly by the hotel, which resulted in the marriott system auto correcting and reducing the points.

As I am not that well versed in Marriott's system, I'd like to check with members here which is the case. It is possible the hotel could be lying, which i would consider a serious breach and warrant escalation.
(Note that during this stay, there were many cock ups from the hotel side, i rectified it with the manager and was offered some service recoveries
Old Dec 3, 2018, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
How much were you offered for service recovery? 4000 or 6000?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.