Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Santa Clara Marriott - California [Master Thread}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2018, 3:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Hotel website. Cat 5. Exec lounge open for breakfast only on the weekends.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...lara-marriott/

"Discover the premium amenities and superb service at Santa Clara Marriott. Our upscale hotel is only minutes from the Santa Clara Convention Center, as well as attractions like the Intel Museum, California Great America and the home of the 49ers, Levi's Stadium. Relax inside spacious rooms which benefit from courtyard views and walkout balconies. Every room or suite offers pillowtop mattresses, flat-panel TVs, ample desks and Wi-Fi access. Concierge-level rooms grant access to exclusive lounge perks, and our suites provide generous layouts for unwinding with family or entertaining. Take advantage of our modern fitness center, tennis courts and resort-like outdoor pool. Fine and casual dining is available on-site, including the award-winning Parcel 104, designed by celebrity Chef Bradley Ogden."
Old Feb 28, 2019, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Titanium/ Lifetime Platinum, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Received the following email about my upcoming stay:

Good morning to our Valued Guests,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Santa Clara Marriott. We are delighted to have you as our guest.

In anticipation to your arrival we are reaching out to share some exciting news about our hotel. The Santa Clara Marriott is in the midst of a Refresh, which will be transforming the property in many ways over the coming months with your travel needs in mind. Below are a few highlights that we would like to share.

Ø Food and Beverage Reimaged in our new Great Room- Now Open!

Ø New M Club for our Platinum Elite guests, as well as guests whom wish to upgrade- Arriving in mid-February 2019

o *Platinum benefit includes member and one guest (plus two children 12 and under). Access for additional guests may be purchased as well

*Please note during the hours of 9:00am to 6:00pm work will be occurring in select guestroom corridors and may generate some noise.

We thank you for choosing The Santa Clara Marriott as your Silicon Valley address. Best wishes for a pleasant and safe journey.

Sincerely,
XXXXXXXXXXX
Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 9:40 am

The M Lounge breakfast is definitely an improvement over their previous space upstairs. Layout reminds me of the lounge at the SFO Waterfront property. Breakfast 6-9 weekdays. Hot dishes include a meat, scrambled eggs, and French toast or pancakes. Also, you can do in-lounge dining from the restaurant menus.

Last edited by ntamayo; Jul 18, 2019 at 11:21 am Reason: typo
Old Jul 18, 2019, 12:07 pm

Location: 42.1% in PDX , 49.9% in PVG & 8% in the air somewhere
Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA 1K, AS MVP GLD 75K, DL Pt
I'd love to stay here, but have never found acceptable rates and default to Residence/SpringHill or the Fremont Marriott.

Others find the rates here reasonable?
Old Jul 18, 2019, 12:13 pm

Rates are ridiculously sky high during the week due to business travelers, in which case redeeming an award makes sense, which is what I did on a recent 2-day staycation with the family.

Weekend rates generally fall back down to reality.

Last edited by ntamayo; Jul 18, 2019 at 12:20 pm Reason: clarification
Old Jul 18, 2019, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, National Exec Elite, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by chipmaster
I'd love to stay here, but have never found acceptable rates and default to Residence/SpringHill or the Fremont Marriott.

Others find the rates here reasonable?
Not often. Here of late, it's typically above $500/nt. And my recent stays -- granted, in the course of the renovation -- were underwhelming. I've been staying at the AC in Sunnyvale, which is pretty nice but I'd prefer a hotel with a lounge
Old Jul 18, 2019, 2:47 pm

Location: 42.1% in PDX , 49.9% in PVG & 8% in the air somewhere
Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA 1K, AS MVP GLD 75K, DL Pt
Originally Posted by wm47
Not often. Here of late, it's typically above $500/nt. And my recent stays -- granted, in the course of the renovation -- were underwhelming. I've been staying at the AC in Sunnyvale, which is pretty nice but I'd prefer a hotel with a lounge
Lounges in the US are totally underwhelming even when offered; used to be able to stay at Le Meridien, Sheraton, Westin in the far east with a expansive breakfast / dinner-appetizer with all you can drink libations, in the US pay twice as much and get possible two terrible dinner choices and no free libations.

BTW the Marriott Fremont is worth a look, can be had for more reasonable prices, has a typical US lounge as the SFO one.

Last edited by chipmaster; Jul 18, 2019 at 10:47 pm
Old Jul 18, 2019, 3:33 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
FYI, there are 3 limited service hotels opening this summer, within 10 mins of this location. A Fairfield/Residence Inn combo, and an Element. The Element is just a few long blocks away.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Any recent stays at this property? I would've preferred to stay at the Hyatt Regency, though the rates are astronomical for an upcoming trip.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 6:56 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I just did a mini staycation here to use the pool during the current heat wave.

I saw on their website that they have Executive and Tower suites. They are not bookable via app, you have to reach out directly to the hotel. They start at $1399 a night which seems insane to me.

I had a 40K point free night certificate I wanted to use, so I first tried booking "Deluxe Guest Room, 1 king, Sofa bed, balcony" which was listed at 36K points, but the certificate wouldn't apply. It could only be used on base rooms. I ultimately ended up booking a base room and they upgraded me at checkin to the room I wanted. The rooms here are nicely renovated, a big improvement over the last time I was here about 5 years ago.

M-club was disappointing in the evening. In the evening they only had bags of chips out, and sodas (Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, and Sierra Mist) in a fridge. No hors d'oeuvres, other drinks or snacks. Instead I decided to try Bosc & Bartlett, which is the lobby restaurant/bar. Parcel 104 is permanently closed. The restaurant was just OK. I had the caesar salad and a burger. The ceasar was not tossed which is frustrating to me. The burger was dry and the bacon was very hard (I'm sure it was sitting in a hot pan all day). Not really worth the $50.

Breakfast was ntamayo described above, but was very crowded, and the empty tables were not cleared from the previous guests.

The pool was nice, same with the hot tub, and this is really why I came.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 12:20 am

nexus7556 - is the M Lounge still serving breakfast only M-F and is it key accessible after hours for sodas/water?
Old Jun 23, 2022, 2:53 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Its key accessible after hour. I don't know if breakfast is still M-F as my stay was midweek.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.