Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hotel Pacai, Design Hotel - Vilnius, Lithuania [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2018, 12:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Hotel website. Cat 4.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...design-hotels/

"Set in the heart of Vilnius’s Old Town, Hotel Pacai perfectly echoes its district’s 17th-century baroque grandeur, yet augments it with contemporary twists. Formerly the most magnificent mansion in the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, the stately building has been reborn. Historic elements masterfully blend with present-day design, soft, deep tones, and elegant materials that heighten the structure’s classical style and complement its relaxing spa. Its 104 guest rooms and suites, inviting restaurants, and four meeting rooms celebrate Lithuania’s rich past and Baltic culture, while also pointing it forward in a direction that is young and vibrant in spirit. In the hotel’s expansive courtyard, guests enjoy art events and dinners that stretch into the night—making this transformative property a new cultural hub."
Old Feb 21, 2019, 9:08 pm

Just curious - any reports? Trying to decide between here and Kempinski.
Old May 20, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by chuck1
Just curious - any reports? Trying to decide between here and Kempinski.
Bumping this up as we're also on the fence between the Pacai and Kempinski for our upcoming stay in Vilnius. Any visits to the Pacai?
Old May 20, 2019, 3:13 pm

I stayed here last September as an Ambassador member. The hotel is located in a fairly nice part of old town with walkable streets and lots of restaurants and shops around. The hotel was fairly new when i was there. There were some minor construction stuff and the main restaurant was not fully operational.

As an ambassador member, I did not receive any upgrades at this property. I was given a room in the annex part of the hotel across the courtyard from the main lobby. The standard rooms are small and the superior rooms are slightly bigger (we had two rooms). Furnishings are simple but good enough.

Breakfast was included in my rate which featured a nice spread but mostly continental and some hot items. Appeared to be like a farmhouse spread with lots of fruits and cheese and veggies.

The hotel had a spa and gym in the basement of the annex building. Large area but the gym was extremely small. I thought I read there was a Turkish bath in there but it appears to be just some shower facilities down there.

Service was a hit or miss. Staff were nice and responsive but not the brightest in offering information for tourists.

Location in my option is good. There are bikes all over Vilnius for rental and is a good way to get around the city. If you need a SIM card, just go into any grocery store (one close to Pacai) and get it. Super cheap at 5€ or less gets you lots of data.

My trip was a quick client visit but would definitely like to explore Vilnius more next time I’m in the region although the city is not that big.
msg75 likes this.
Old May 20, 2019, 6:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the trip report. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
msg75 likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 8:48 am

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
Originally Posted by msg75
Bumping this up as we're also on the fence between the Pacai and Kempinski for our upcoming stay in Vilnius. Any visits to the Pacai?
Kempinski without a doubt! I would aslo consider Imperial if you are not restricted to those two chains.
Old May 21, 2019, 9:50 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Sorry I haven't stayed at the Hotel Pacai but for what it's worth I ultimately decided on the Kempinski for my July trip.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
Currently staying here now. I booked a studio room and was upgraded to a larger room with a balcony and really cool interior wall that is essentially the old brick wall from the exterior of the former building.

I was thanked for being a very loyal frequent traveler and they sent 10 bottles of water (still and sparkling) to my room.

Breakfast is standard European fare. Scrambled or soft boiled eggs, sausages, meats, fruit, bakery items, pastries, fruits, cereals, etc. No complaints about any of that. My room rate included breakfast.

The hospitality is fantastic! The offered to steam iron my suits and shirts (I’m in Vilnius for a conference).

The Hotel is located right near the old “city hall” and a 5 minute walk (literally down the street) to the old town cathedral/bell tower.

Beautiful city and plenty of great bars/pubs and restaurants. All within walking distance.

I would absolutely stay here again.

I’ll be staying at the courtyard my last night, just to check it out (I was already upgraded there).
Old Aug 17, 2021, 6:03 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, DL Gold, Marriot Ambassador, Bonvoy Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Post Rooms, Breakfast and Amex

I've stayed at the Pacai twice now. The hotel is very modern. Keep in mind that the images of the "standard" room on the website are mostly misleading. Most standard rooms have about 2 feet of space between the end of the bed and the desk. There are a few that have that wide open area between the bed and the desk but that is not the norm. If you have two full-sized suitcases and two people, it gets very cramped.

Another thing to keep in mind is: there is no free breakfast for points/cert bookings regardless of status. Cash bookings do include breakfast, points/certs specifically do not. It's an additional €30 per day for breakfast.

This property also does not accept Amex so you cannot use your Bonvoy Amex for hotel charges during your stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.