Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Question: Staying in multiple properties concurrently

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2018, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat

If one books concurrent stays at multiple properties crediting to the same rewards account, will all nights count towards status? (assume the nights independently would count)
Old Nov 12, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
I can’t attest that it always works, but I’ve never had a problem. This comes up for me now and then as I don’t like checking out of my “main” hotel when I’m doing sidetrips.
kennycrudup likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
If one books concurrent stays at multiple properties crediting to the same rewards account, will all nights count towards status? (assume the nights independently would count)
Yes, it does work "sometimes" but it is not allowed in the T&Cs and can be difficult to get worked out. When I've had issues it seem the system/person picked the stay granting the lesser credit would stick and the longer stay would be denied. Some CSRs are a bit more creative in getting things done while others are not willing to go out of their way to fix something.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Huh. I've had more of acrophobia's experience than Roger's, but my "side-stay" has been only a day or two at most while I'm concurrently in the other place for a week or more.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 2:17 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Multiple occurrences of concurrent stays posted to an account can lead to an account audit.

As noted above, credit is earned for "staying" in a room, which means occupying it, not just paying for it.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Well: CI#1 -Mo/overnight/CI#2-Tues/overnight/CO#2-Weds/return to #1 ... there ya go, all rooms occupied on all days (which was usually my routine when I'd needed to do it)
Old Nov 12, 2018, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by dayone
Multiple occurrences of concurrent stays posted to an account can lead to an account audit.
One can imagine that many around these parts would truly appreciate such a personalized level of service and attention in the current environment!

Old Nov 12, 2018, 8:44 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
One can imagine that many around these parts would truly appreciate such a personalized level of service and attention in the current environment!
Service? Yes. Attention? No.
CCIE_Flyer likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
I lived in an autograph for over two years, and a hilton before that. I did contantly travel as well and at one point had 3 rooms in separate marriott properties. They all posted incl. the status nights, but i did indeed receive an account audit at one point. At least marriott system is better than hilton, i.e. no caps on earnable points.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
I have spent several months at a Le Meridien while having to take occasional side trips to other cities, and it was both easier and cheaper to keep my main room than check out and check in again (that particular state exempted long term stays from hotel taxes).

Got all my credits, never had a problem. (Of course, this was pre-Marriott).
Old Nov 13, 2018, 4:31 am

It is specifically provided for in the new T&C that members cannot get nights credit or points for more than one property per night.

RogerD408 likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 5:48 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
It is specifically provided for in the new T&C that members cannot get nights credit or points for more than one property per night.
And in the old T&Cs as well.
RogerD408 likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by MePlatPremier

Yes, but as shown, there are valid reasons to override, but I would not expect the system to do it without human intervention. As I've heard way too many times, they will make a "one-time exception".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.