Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Email Us (and give us 6 weeks..)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2018, 4:48 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
It was a while ago I needed to fax in my confirmation of my ticket or got a paper ticket printed on a matrix printer snail mailed to me ... nowadays I can change my ticket online and get my new ticket, yes, emailed to me...not saying that all airlines are equal but I would think that most airlines embraced email as a means of delivery of tickets.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 4:53 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I think you know I wasn’t talking about your personal interaction. As for hotels, yes, many things are possible, but in my experience, communicating with a hotel via email is not very efficient. That it can or should be is a different matter.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 5:00 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
I do not share that experience during my 900+ nights with SPG I found email a great way of getting in contact with FD re upgrade policy or getting in touch with a Concierge to book tours or air port pick up, dinner reservations etc.. Hence my claim that it is up to the ambition and skill set of the management of the hotel in question.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 6:51 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
But, but but...:

Marriott

All systems are go.

There is a severe lack of competent management at his newly-merged company, and things should have never been this poorly-handled.

My latest example of stupidity:

Emails sent to Starwood Research for missing stays receive an acknowledgement almost immediately. So far, so good. Then nothing happens for weeks or months. A follow-up with Cork indicated that the emails were received but...pdf attachments were removed by their system. Seriously. Its like the twilight zone with Marriott and their changes with Starwood.

Account activity updates continue to lag from the Marriott system (with total balance and night) compared to the website and compared to the App I am now required to use with a merged account.

The latest talking points from the Platinum agents refer to the staggered system-upgrade changes coming to all Starwood brands as of last month thru to December. I remain skeptical.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.