Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

"Emirates & China Eastern Miles" Marriott Activity

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2018, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Plat

On 10/27 I had a bunch of "Emirates & China Eastern Miles" of activity lines post to my account for 10% on Base Points earned on stays dating back to 8/28:

After checking Emirates, I found the same number of miles had deposited to that my account as well on 10/29, listed as "Courtyard by Marriott - Partner Promotion (Marriott Property Bonus)".

I have never flown Emirates (read: no elite status), but did sign up for the SPG promo when it was available. None of the stays I made for which points were posted were at a Courtyard property.

Anyone else experiencing the same? Any thoughts on the points activity - merger problems still?

EDIT: Seems like there's others with the same happenings

Last edited by drew502; Nov 1, 2018 at 11:38 am
Old Nov 1, 2018, 9:06 am

If you are not elite with EK, EK should have rejected those miles, because either them or Marriott will have to pay for them.

anyhow, these are bonus miles for EK / SPG crossover program. Marriott posts bonus miles on your account for each of your stays (1 mile per $ spent, should be room rate only but Marriott is doing it on full ammount spent) and then automatically transfers them to your EK account.

EK should only accept them if you were an elite with them.

The courtyard thing is just some coding error, probably on EK’s part. What matters is what is in the description: marriott bonus.

Last edited by MePlatPremier; Nov 1, 2018 at 9:14 am
Old Nov 1, 2018, 11:23 am

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
I have tons of these bonuses posted to my Starriott account as well on 10/27. Same date as you OP.

However, I’m not elite on Bling Air or China Eastern. Haven’t flown with them in maybe 10 years or more. So kind of surprising to see that pop out.

I believe I had EK linked to my SPG back in the day, but I no longer have access to my EK account to check.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 6:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
I got five of these strange posts on my Starriott account on the same date. Impossible to work out what they relate to. I mean, why five posts? I've had ~25 stays this year. I checked my dormant EK account and nothing posted there (as it shouldn't as I have no status with them). I also checked my China Eastern account and there are no points in that either. From this or indeed from any of the flights that I've made with them (China Eastern's IT is really bad). So, a mystery. Maybe they will disappear as bizarrely as they appeared.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 6:16 am

Weird transactions posted to MR account

Not sure if this is in any way associated with the current barrage of IT issues or simply an incorrect manual posting.

I checked my Marriott app today and notice 2 transactions where miles are posted to “Emirates and China Eastern” programs. Problem is, I am neither a member of Emirates nor China Eastern programs! The transaction details don’t reveal any more clarity on how this came about and at which hotel.

Anyone had similar weird postings?
Old Nov 3, 2018, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
https://loyaltylobby.com/2018/10/29/...stery-deepens/
Old Nov 5, 2018, 12:10 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Supposedly, these are in fact miles that will eventually post to China Eastern. I also got these weird entries in my Activity.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 12:37 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
I had the same entries in my activity in October. They posted to my Emirates account today. I am not an EK Elite. Just another DP. The sum is pretty useless anyway so I don't really care one way or the other.

James
Old Nov 5, 2018, 3:57 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
These miles posted on my EK account as well despite me being non-elite with EK.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:55 am

Programs: BA, Marriott
I'm still getting these on every stay at 10% of base points. The name has changed slightly to be "Emirates Airline Dc Miles" and I have now accumulated 8,100. I used to be a platinum Skywards member, was silver last year and am now just blue. Most odd.

I should add that starting in January, the same amount of Skywards miles have been added for each Marriott stay to my Emirates account including a backdating to October 18 when the points started being added to my Marriott account.

Last edited by paulbaxter; Apr 17, 2019 at 9:01 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.