Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Can I have access to hotel lounge without a stay?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2018, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

I have a gold status spg/Marriott. Can I access lounge without a stay? Thanks
Old Oct 27, 2018, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Dantrolene
I have a gold status spg/Marriott. Can I access lounge without a stay? Thanks
I’m pretty sure all lounges would be overfull if non-staying guests were just allowed to drop in.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Could be. I am just wondering if that option available for non staying guests or is it a must to have a reservation with the hotel?
Old Oct 27, 2018, 6:40 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
And what makes you think your Gold status even allows you lounge access benefits even if you are staying at the hotel?
Old Oct 27, 2018, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
No lounge access for Gold members, even if staying. You could potentially be granted access as a guest of someone with legitimate access, I suppose, but otherwise you'd be a stowaway. Imagine if as a guest every night you had to contend with all of the locals holding status for seating, food, and beverage?
Old Oct 27, 2018, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

I have no idea. But in most cases platinum and gold have access when they have reservation.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 6:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Short answer: no, not even if you were Plat. Exec lounge access is for guests. Prior to 8/18/18 Golds (if they were staying at the hotel) had access to the exec lounge. Post 8/18/18 Golds only have access if they book a club level room or get upgraded to one.

Cheers.
CPRich, C17PSGR and imverge like this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by Dantrolene
I have no idea. But in most cases platinum and gold have access when they have reservation.
See the link and/or SkiAdcock's post
Old Oct 27, 2018, 7:07 pm

No you cant
Old Oct 27, 2018, 8:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If someone pays a day rate for a room with lounge access, or pays a day rate and is entitled to lounge access due to elite status, wouldn't this be an example of lounge access without a stay? [However, I don't believe that this is the scenario envisioned by the OP, who seems to want to be able to drop by and use a hotel lounge without being a hotel guest.]
Old Oct 27, 2018, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If someone pays a day rate for a room with lounge access, or pays a day rate and is entitled to lounge access due to elite status, wouldn't this be an example of lounge access without a stay?
Booking a day rate is indeed a stay.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 9:14 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Nope - not allowed from what i know.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If someone pays a day rate for a room with lounge access, or pays a day rate and is entitled to lounge access due to elite status, wouldn't this be an example of lounge access without a stay? [However, I don't believe that this is the scenario envisioned by the OP, who seems to want to be able to drop by and use a hotel lounge without being a hotel guest.]
I think you are splitting hairs here and that wasn't the OPs question. I agree with what you say though.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 9:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Why would someone want to access a lounge if they weren't staying at the hotel ... free coffee and a diet pepsi?

I live in an urban area and there are a couple of Marriotts within a 5 minute walk of my office. Maybe I stop by for breakfast when I'm not traveling so I can feel at home
Old Oct 27, 2018, 9:59 pm

Programs: SA Air, Air Canada, KLM, BA,Lufthansa, United, AA, Hawaiian, Air New Zealnd, Qantas, Virgin Atlantic
The hotel executive lounges we access require a key card for entry.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 10:36 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Not a crazy question. The Sheraton Frankfurt Airport in the past few years did have a policy of allowing Plats to use the lounge, without a room, during layovers. That is no longer the case.
craigthemif likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.