Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Concerning Security Issues with new account

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2018, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, US Airways Silver, SPG PLT, Marriot Gold, Hertz PC

Have some incredibly concerning events associated with merging my SPG / Marriott accounts. Both my SPG and Marriott accounts use the same email address. Let's call it [email protected]. After I submitted the request to merge my accounts, everything went smoothly.

Fast forward two days, and all of a sudden I'm unable to login to my account. I chalked it up to IT / Merger issues and went about my regular stays - however, receipts stopped coming in. Eventually, I went to "Forgot my account name" and tried to reset, entering my newly provided Marriott number.

Imagine my surprise - instead of [email protected], it was now [email protected]. I have absolutely no idea why it was switched from GMAIL to YMAIL, so I called in to check - and sure enough, there was an issue. It took a bit to fix, but they finally got me back onto the right email address.

Fast forward another two weeks, and the same issue happened. Receipts stopped coming in, and I couldn't log in. Rather than waiting this time, I reset and - sure enough - the email address this time was [email protected]. They had dropped a character from the front half of my email address.

I called in to complain / have them correct, and to point out the security concerns - got a canned apology and a fix to the email address.

Did anyone else experience anything like this? Should I be watching / checking my CC statements and my account regularly? Not sure how to respond to this...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.