Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Is it Possible to Downgrade SPG to Fee-Free, or Move Credit Line to Other AMEX Card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is it Possible to Downgrade SPG to Fee-Free, or Move Credit Line to Other AMEX Card?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2018, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, SPG, UR, MR
Arrow Is it Possible to Downgrade SPG to Fee-Free, or Move Credit Line to Other AMEX Card?

I have about $40k in credit line between a Personal SPG and a Business SPG card, and after the SPG program change I wanted to cancel both SPG cards, or at least get a version where I don't pay the annual fee.

What's the best option?

I was thinking of transferring as much credit as I can to my AMEX Everyday card, and cancelling the 2 SPG cards.

Is that the best way to do it?
Old Oct 23, 2018, 10:04 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
You should call and ask but don’t believe Amex will let you product change to a non-SPG Amex, and there is no fee free SPG Amex. I think you can transfer your entire credit line at the time of cancellation. You might ask if there are any retention offers before you cancel.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 10:29 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott GE
You'll need to apply for a new card and then have the credit line moved to the new card

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.