Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AmEx UK Bonvoy Card [General Discussion Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmEx UK Bonvoy Card [General Discussion Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2018, 9:55 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: Lowly BAEC Bronze, VS, IHG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by bisonrav
So now waiting I guess until this time next month to see what happens before kicking off if necessary. And yes, then I too will be dumping Marriott as far as I can and concentrating on Hilton as my main programme. Certainly won't be keeping the SPG AMEX card.
Likewise. Will be cancelling as soon as they sort out the correct points posting.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 10:32 am

Programs: AA, BA
My points were credited to my Marriott account 13th September, but as advised upthread the welcome bonus (10,000 Starpoints) was not correctly applied as Marriott points on a 3:1 basis. Still chasing Amex for a resolution on that point.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 10:53 am

Same issue for me with the 10k bonus.

​​​​​This issue is being discussed by others in the following thread so could benefit from merging really: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...amex-card.html
Old Oct 14, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Got my points from last 3 months yesterday, cancelled card on Amex Chat later in the day. Amex Chat CS asked me why I'm cancelling. I mentioned the farcical merger CS replied Amex already knew what a mess it had been. I guess it shows in card cancellations and complaints. Hopefully Amex put pressure on Marriott to improve their card game (to our advantage).
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: BA
August and October points have finally come through, woop woop!

September points still missing Has anybody else still got points missing?
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:45 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Yup, my points arrived yesterday, all present abd correct. I think I’ll delay paying AMEX my annual fee for 3 months when it comes up for renewal. I’m sure they won’t mind, right?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 9:09 am

I've had the rest of my points post in the past couple of days. One of the months has a few hundred extra points on it, which is odd as it doesn't seem to be a compensation thing, but as I didn't complain about them not posting them for months I'm hardly going to complain about them giving me a few hundred for no reason.

Last edited by hideyourarms; Nov 8, 2018 at 6:02 am
Old Oct 18, 2018, 3:41 pm

Please could someone clarify the following for me:
If my credit card statement was for the dates 01/08/18 - 31/08/18 (August statement), then do the points for this months get posted roughly a week later or are the points that get posted to my account for the spend from the dates 01/07/18 - 31/07/18? Essentially I am asking if my points get posted 1 week after the qualifying period or whether AMEX hold onto my points for 1 month before posting them to Marriott? Am I always a month behind in getting my points posted?
Old Oct 23, 2018, 10:01 am

Hi all

Similar position for me; MBNA Aadvantage card closed so I was told SPG Amex best way of getting Aadvantage miles moving forward. "Transfer 20,000 SPG points and get 25,000 AA miles" was the statement.

All of my points earned in two months including the 10,000 SPG joining bonus have been transfered to my new SPG/Marriott account, yet when I transferred 20,000 points to my Aadvantage account, only 6667 miles appeared?

Its all very confusing! Any help greatly appreciated :-)
Old Oct 28, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Got my points posted with 10K (in fact 11K because of an additional bonus) rather than 30K (33K). Anyone found a route to resolve this?
Old Oct 28, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by Claret Badger
Hi all

Similar position for me; MBNA Aadvantage card closed so I was told SPG Amex best way of getting Aadvantage miles moving forward. "Transfer 20,000 SPG points and get 25,000 AA miles" was the statement.

All of my points earned in two months including the 10,000 SPG joining bonus have been transfered to my new SPG/Marriott account, yet when I transferred 20,000 points to my Aadvantage account, only 6667 miles appeared?

Its all very confusing! Any help greatly appreciated :-)
There have been issues with the SPG Amex. You are expecting 20,000 SPG points, which equate to 60,000 Marriott. What has happened for you and some others recently, is that you have received 20,000 Marriott points. These convert to 6,667 AA miles. You need to take it up with Amex to get the remaining 40,000 Marriott points, which equate to you receiving the full SPG points you are due.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 3:37 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: Lowly BAEC Bronze, VS, IHG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by bisonrav
Got my points posted with 10K (in fact 11K because of an additional bonus) rather than 30K (33K). Anyone found a route to resolve this?
Nope, nothing yet. Curious if anyone manages to get it resolved. I'm not expecting much.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 4:19 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by rhivolution
Nope, nothing yet. Curious if anyone manages to get it resolved. I'm not expecting much.
I'm trying a few avenues. Will report back if resolved. Not holding my breath.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 1:16 pm

Last online chat I had with them the agent claimed it will be resolved in the November statement run. I won't hold my breath.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 8:08 am

Programs: AA, BA
Missing points arising from welcome bonus

If you took out an SPG Amex card just before the merger with Marriott, then it is very likely that your 10,000 Starpoints welcome bonus was applied incorrectly as 10,000 Marriott points.

As with other posters in this thread, I have been pursuing the matter with AMEX, and I spoke with an agent today.

The latest information is that the loss of welcome bonus is a known issue. As reported by PeeTee, it is looking to be corrected in November, The timing of the correction will be dependant on the cardholder's statement date.

Whilst the timing for resolution remains uncertain, it is good to hear that the points shortfall has been acknowledged by AMEX/Marriott, and is receiving attention.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.