Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AmEx UK Bonvoy Card [General Discussion Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmEx UK Bonvoy Card [General Discussion Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:05 am

I really fear this could drag on well beyond Novemeber. The person at the Amex complaints department that I spoke to did not sound confident when he said 2-4 weeks on Monday (8th Oct).

I'm due a huge amount of points. I was on a double points promotion and put massive spend through the card during this period. Including a very sizeable VAT bill that I paid HMRC using BillHop which cost me many hundreds of pounds in BillHop fees. I believed it was worth the fees as I was on double points and wanted to make a number of hotel bookings at the 60k points rate. It's turned into a disaster and no one at Amex or Marriott seems to care!
Old Oct 10, 2018, 2:43 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
I’ve not received any points from AMEX since August. I phoned them in September and was advised they’d been sent but they’d recall the points and send them to my new Marriott number, but they haven’t credited and neither has October’s...
Old Oct 10, 2018, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by BrightlyBob
I’ve not received any points from AMEX since August. I phoned them in September and was advised they’d been sent but they’d recall the points and send them to my new Marriott number, but they haven’t credited and neither has October’s...
No UK card holders have received their points for months it seems. It's not isolated groups, it's everyone! Marriott don't seem particularly bothered. I guess this is just one of very many things they've completely messed up with this disaster of a merger
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by mr_moon
No UK card holders have received their points for months it seems. It's not isolated groups, it's everyone! Marriott don't seem particularly bothered. I guess this is just one of very many things they've completely messed up with this disaster of a merger
I have the Creation Marriott credit card and points have been posting as normal for that, although my Marriott Rewards account number hasn't changed. I also have the SPG Amex, a new SPG number (haven't yet combined my Marriott Rewards and SPG accounts) and no points have transferred since June/July.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by mr_moon
The issues only seems to be affecting the SPG AMEX UK card.

Interestingly I've transferred UK Membership Rewards which have gone across fine, all my points from the Marriott Rewards Mastercard issued by Creation have shown up in my account on their normal posting dates for Aug, Sept & October.

American Express UK has a working link to Marriott or they would not be able to transfer MR. I'm escalating this to an official complaint today as this is getting ridiculous now.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by oxfordjames
The issues only seems to be affecting the SPG AMEX UK card.

Interestingly I've transferred UK Membership Rewards which have gone across fine, all my points from the Marriott Rewards Mastercard issued by Creation have shown up in my account on their normal posting dates for Aug, Sept & October.

American Express UK has a working link to Marriott or they would not be able to transfer MR. I'm escalating this to an official complaint today as this is getting ridiculous now.
I'm in the same situation too, so I'll be really interested to hear how you get on with the complaint. Not a good look for Marriott or Amex.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by Theirin
I'm in the same situation too, so I'll be really interested to hear how you get on with the complaint. Not a good look for Marriott or Amex.
I have done this last week with both American Express and Marriott as an official complaint. Heard back from both yesterday and Marriott say it is an issue with American Express and they are just waiting them to send the points and as such not a problem of their causing and as such not their issue. American Express say it is Marriott at fault and they had been told by Marriott things would be restored by 14th September but they were not but as it's not an American Express issue they are not responsible.

I have asked for both responses in writing and then as American Express is the card issuer and the complaint official I can then escalate this to the financial ombudsman here in the UK.

Overall not impressed with either, they are acting like children, it's not my fault it's there's. Absolutely no one taking control of the situation or showing any consideration to customers.
oxfordjames likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:37 am

I don’t think the issue is just limited to the U.K. SPG AMEX not being able to post points to the new Marriott accounts because as I mentioned in my last post, the Ritz Carlton Istanbul sent 30k points to my account 2 weeks ago but these points haven’t shown up on my account either and nobody knows why.

I finally got a response from Marriott today:

“Dear Mr. Donovan.

Thank you very much for your email.

I cannot stress enough how embarrassed I am in regards to our system issues.

It was never our intention to cause you further distress for which I am very sorry.

Please be advised that I am not able to provide you with the time frame when this will be resolved.

My senior manager Danielle is back in the office today and I will review it further so we can decide on the next step.

I really appreciate your patience and I hope to talk to you soon.

Best regards,

Janusz”

Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:46 am

My feeling is that if Marriott and Amex were inclined to provide good customer service, they would manually credit the points even if there are system issues. Either Marriott can see the points that should be added, in which case they should be able to manually credit them, or they can't see them on their own system, in which case Amex should be able to tell them how many points have been credited. IT issues are one thing, but it seems unlikely that they can't manually add points balances, and if they can do that, then they're just hiding behind the system issues as an excuse.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Theirin
My feeling is that if Marriott and Amex were inclined to provide good customer service, they would manually credit the points even if there are system issues. Either Marriott can see the points that should be added, in which case they should be able to manually credit them, or they can't see them on their own system, in which case Amex should be able to tell them how many points have been credited. IT issues are one thing, but it seems unlikely that they can't manually add points balances, and if they can do that, then they're just hiding behind the system issues as an excuse.
Marriott can manually add points to accounts as so far I have got them to manually add 8k points to my account as compensation which I can see in my account.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I’ve just received and unsolicited goodwill adjustment of 15,000 points.

I got in touch with SPG via twitter but nothing has been mentioned to me about the goodwill gesture.

Has anyone else received it?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Originally Posted by ringingup
I’ve just received and unsolicited goodwill adjustment of 15,000 points.

I got in touch with SPG via twitter but nothing has been mentioned to me about the goodwill gesture.

Has anyone else received it?
Yes. I’ve just noticed it on my account too.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 4:01 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Nothing on my account, I havent mentioned by twitter but have made a complaint about things so I would be curious to know it ifs in relation to the SPG AMEX issues for certain!
Old Oct 10, 2018, 4:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
Nothing on my account, I havent mentioned by twitter but have made a complaint about things so I would be curious to know it ifs in relation to the SPG AMEX issues for certain!
who did you make the complaint with?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by ringingup

who did you make the complaint with?
​​​​​​My Ambassador and was escalated to their manager.
​​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.