Wiki Posts
Search

Legacy SPG and bed type guarantee

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2018, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Legacy SPG and bed type guarantee

Recently applied a Chase night to a SPG legacy property. Called Marriott, but was transferred to an SPG agent to do the attachment. While I was on the phone with her she stated that bed type was not guaranteed with an award booking. I thought bed type was guaranteed on all reservations. Is this new? Is this the legacy SPG policy? Or, am I just mis-remembering?
Old Sep 24, 2018, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Michilander
Recently applied a Chase night to a SPG legacy property. Called Marriott, but was transferred to an SPG agent to do the attachment. While I was on the phone with her she stated that bed type was not guaranteed with an award booking. I thought bed type was guaranteed on all reservations. Is this new? Is this the legacy SPG policy? Or, am I just mis-remembering?
You are misremembering.

FAQ: Starwood policy: guarantee bedding and smoking preference on paid/award stays
Old Sep 24, 2018, 7:42 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
This is one of those differences between the two programs. While SPG did not guarantee bedding on award stays, for elites Marriott did. Off the top of my head, I don't know what the new "combined" program will have. But I'd guess that in this "interim" period of change, hotels from each program will probably tend to stick with the legacy's rules.

Once all the dust finally settles from the big "merge", then maybe whatever the new rule is, all hotels will start to follow.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Originally Posted by hhoope01
This is one of those differences between the two programs. While SPG did not guarantee bedding on award stays, for elites Marriott did. Off the top of my head, I don't know what the new "combined" program will have. But I'd guess that in this "interim" period of change, hotels from each program will probably tend to stick with the legacy's rules.

Once all the dust finally settles from the big "merge", then maybe whatever the new rule is, all hotels will start to follow.
Being a Marriott guy, that's the rule I was remembering. Just figured that it was what would carry over into the merged program. Guess they haven't merged that rule, yet.

Thanks to both of you for your replies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.